Survey123 webhook retry policy and monitoring

12-05-2021 08:17 PM
dtlhlbs
New Contributor II

Hi,

We're planning to use Survey123 webhooks to sync data between systems but I cannot find much information on the reliability of this method. What is the Survey123 retry policy - how many times will it attempt to submit the webhook, does it retry after a delay, and what happens if it fails permanently. Is there a dead letter queue or way to resubmit failed webhooks? What options are available to monitor webhook failed/successful submissions and get notified of any failures? Thanks

2 Replies
Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

I think the Retry Policy depends on the third-party workflow services themselves. For example, Power Automate does have the Retry Policy while Integromat currently does not offer Retry but there are workarounds: https://www.integromat.com/en/help/retry

My own way for monitoring is to configure an extra step to write the status code of each run to an Excel Spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
dtlhlbs
New Contributor II

Hi, the retry policy I'm referring to is the behaviour of Survey123 webhooks if it can't reach the desired endpoint to begin with - will it try again, how often and does it have a back-off policy where it'll wait for a period before another attempt. Especially a concern if there's no logging that'll tell you when it might have failed.

0 Kudos