Survey123 web has issue with Data tab

12-08-2022 01:43 AM
lannguyentl
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I today have issue with the user cannot see his data in Data tab in survey123.arcgis.com

Senario:

Feature service 1 hosted in arcgis enterprise, allow editing, tracking, editors can only see and edit their own data. Tested and it works in portal\feature service: editor can only see what they created.

A survey Form1 was created and published by DataOwner - org admin then share with User1

User1 (type: Creator, roll customized role "Contractor Admin" which is similar to Editor

User1 can collect data through S123 Survey app on iOS.

However, when log into Survey123.arcgis.com/?portal_url = ...., this user cannot see its own data in DataTab, looks like data does not load at all

Tried:

- Change User1 role to default Editor

- User1 can access to its data in survey123.arcgis.com/>urlPoral =......... and more important, Use1 see all data entered by other users which we try do stop by setting the feature class editing as above.

Obviously, something is wrong between customised role to default Editor role.

Has anyone had the same issue?

THanks,

Alan

3 Replies
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Today my Survey123 Data tab is running a bit slow. There's a chance it could a slowdown but for specifics you should contact support in case its user or organization specific. Occasionally when AWS/Amazon Web Services has downtimes there are affects to Survey123. Amazon did experience a downtime for about 75 minutes within the past 72 hours, there's a slight chance it could be a result of this but again I would suggest contacting support.

Another thought. What browser are you using while you are having issues?

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos
lannguyentl
New Contributor III

Hi there, I tested on both Egde and Chrome browser.

In portal, User 1 can only see his data in the feature service which is correctly as configured in feature service setting.

However, through Survey123.arcgis.com links back to enterprise portal, User 1 can see all records that oher users added in. Looks like it bypasses all settings at the feature service level which I think a big hole in security!

GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

HI @lannguyentl , could be a permission issue from the organization group or sharing depending on your setup and the layer ownerships then. I would definitely open an official ticket with tech support if you think it's a security concern and to better address your viewing problem by user type.

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
0 Kudos