Survey123 Web Form Issues in Safari: Not Prompting Users to Share Location Information

Jump to solution
12-31-2020 10:06 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I designed a survey using Survey123 Connect and want to users to be able to submit surveys using either a web form or the Survey123 app. I am having issues with the geopoint feature in Safari.

When the web form is opened in Safari, it does not prompt users to allow the form to access their location. Using an iPhone iOS14.3, Safari settings indicate that websites should 'Ask' for Location Access. The web form does not have this issue when opened using Chrome. Is there a way to make sure Safari gives users the option to share their location?

IMG_0111.png

IMG_0115.png

IMG_0114.png

Thank you for the help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julia,

Tested a survey with iPhone8 iOS 14.2 on Safari, it did prompt a warning to access the location though:

IMG_4988.PNG

 Could you double check your location service setting from Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Safari Websites.

Mine is set to While Using the App and Precise Location is On.

What iPhone model did you use? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Julia,

Tested a survey with iPhone8 iOS 14.2 on Safari, it did prompt a warning to access the location though:

IMG_4988.PNG

 Could you double check your location service setting from Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Safari Websites.

Mine is set to While Using the App and Precise Location is On.

What iPhone model did you use? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That solved it! 

While my Settings>Safari>Location was set to 'Ask', the settings under Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Safari Websites was set to 'Never'. Whoops. Switching that to 'Ask Next Time' or 'While Using the App' allows the web form to prompt for location access. 

Thank you for your help! 

0 Kudos