Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Web: body::esri:visible vs required

Jump to solution
09-06-2022 01:53 PM
SMDSAdministrador
New Contributor III

Hello everybody.

First, sorry for the bad English (Google Translate).

I have a problem with required questions controlled by the body::esri:visible column on the web. What happens is that, when the condition is not satisfied, the obligation remains. This prevents the form from being submitted (because the required question was not answered) at the same time the question is not displayed (because the condition was not satisfied).

The test form illustrates this situation: if I say that I don't want to display the 'next question' (required and controlled by visible column), Survey123 gives an error when submitting. However, if I withdraw the requirement, the form is successfully submitted.

In all the posts and walkthroughs I've read, my understanding is that visible controls a question's visibility and calculations (and I agree with that). However, it doesn't make any sense for the question to remain mandatory even without being displayed, because this practically makes the use of this function unfeasible.

I would like to know if this is expected behavior from Survey123 Web or if there is anything that can be done to work around this situation.

Thank you all

0 Kudos
14 Replies
SMDSAdministrador
New Contributor III

Hi @DougBrowning 

Yes, you're right. I performed a test publishing in Connect version 3.17.54, filling it with the Field App and I was able to reproduce this problem. However, in the Web App this does not happen (behavior is as expected, with required being ignored)

I think this is the first time I've seen correct behavior on the Web and erratic on the App 😅

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The 123 team is on it.  Still trying to figure out the exact as it does it only on certain forms.  For now I added some logic to my required to handle this.  

If you figure out what is tripping it up let me know.  thanks

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Update to 123 dropped today and it seems to be fixed.  That is exactly one week turnaround!  The 123 teams rocks!

AbdulabnanMohammed
New Contributor III

@SMDSAdministrador & @DougBrowning 

Is there any sample Form to try ...

I'm going to have a similar kind of Approach..

Thank You

0 Kudos