Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 web app log file? Need more info on errors

08-30-2023 10:30 AM
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I am using the Survey123 web app (v.3.18) within a Dashboard. I am getting error messages upon submittal that are very unhelpful...just no detail to help with diagnosing the underlying issue. Is there some sort of log file available within the web app, or other ways to mine errors for more details?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you share the unhelpful messages? Generic errors often give a fair bit of insight into what is happening.

Otherwise how did you create the survey? Can you share the XLSForm and workflow?

You can review the web traffic for the submission and response. A desktop tool like fiddler could work. Or you could go through the browser developer tools network traffic.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor
  • {"error":{"code":500,"extendedCode":-2147467259,"message":"Unable to complete operation.","details":["An error occurred.","Unable to complete operation."]}}

Then if I click to unselect one of the choicelist questions, and then click back onto it, it will submit just fine.

0 Kudos
PaulPetersen1
Occasional Contributor

I figured out the issue. (or at least a hack workaround). While in Edit mode, if I don't make a change to the web form (even if the change is just toggling a choice off and on), it won't let me submit, and throws the generic, unhelpful error. My workaround was to add a calculation to a hidden field (extra attribute field that I wasn't using), so that the form could sense some sort of edit. Then it submits just fine. I'm using branch versioning in Enterprise Portal 11.1, so not sure if this is somehow linked to the branch versioning or archive table?

0 Kudos