Survey123 version 3.7.62 (Unsupported relationship type)

Jump to solution
12-31-2019 03:29 PM
jjeremy525
New Contributor III

Hello,

I used ArcMap 10.6.1 to publish a feature service to AGOL for a polygon layer that contains an APN field and some other field data not needed and I have a stand-alone table with a APN field and blank rows for fields FirstName and LastName. I used ArcCatalog 10.6.1 to create a relationship class between the polygon layer and table based off the APN with a 1(parcels)-Many(APNs table). I am trying to create a survey from Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS version 3.7.62 and create the survey from the feature service option since I uploaded the parcels and table to AGOL.

One of the questions comes from the polygon layer with the field called “SurveyComplete” and it updates a polygon based on if the answer is “Yes” or “No”( making it green if Yes or no fill color if No). We are trying to create the survey to have multiple responses on each parcel a 1 (parcel) to many (related Table), since many surveys can belong to one parcel. Not sure if this is possible since I am trying to get a field answered with a Yes in the polygon layer and I want other questions answered in the related table to store separate information. I keep getting this (Unsupported relationship type esriFieeldTypeString in key field APN for table APN), please see below and attached is the survey XLS form. Can anyone please lead me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
jjeremy525
New Contributor III

This worked perfectly thank you @Jim and Doug Browning‌ for all your help!

jjeremy525
New Contributor III

Thanks Jim for all your help it works beautiful!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The trick here is to have your relationship class using the APN field and also leave the 123 globalid to parentglobalid one in there as well.  It can come in handy if APN ever gets messed up.

You can still inherit the APN into the repeat like you are doing here.  Once you submit the relationship will work.

jjeremy525
New Contributor III

Thank you Doug!

0 Kudos