Survey123 version 3.13.229 pages style functionality changes?

09-20-2021 09:41 AM
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

Hello Survey123 Community and @JamesTedrick or @IsmaelChivite 

We have several forms that have been in use for months that utilize the theme-grid pages style functionality to break up the form for ease of use.    

We have had several users call that these forms are no longer displaying with pages and are instead 1 very long page.  All our users are using iOS devices.  We have isolated this issue to users that have the latest version 3.13.229 of Survey123.  Furthermore, users that are still on 3.12.277 are still seeing the form displayed as 19 pages...even after updating the form itself.  So, it seems to be an issue with version 3.13.229.

I have not been able to find any information on changing the way pages style work in the latest version   Is there a change in the pages style functionality? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

Tags (1)
8 Replies
MaiSwasdichira
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I believe I have the same issue as well. I have a form that has been working fine for over a year. However, with this upgrade, one of the pages got truncated and became very long. The user could not read; and therefore, could not select any dropdown list. 

Please let me know if you can help out with this issue.

Thanks,

Mai

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

@DougBrowning.  Unfortunately, modifying the appearance on a parent repeat doesn't seem to affect the paging in our forms.  The forms that we are seeing an issue with have a repeat with multiple groups nested within the repeat.  Even though we have our style set to theme-grid pages, the app is no longer applying pages for each group.  We are not seeing issues with the actual appearance of the form itself, just not seeing pages any longer.  I have attempted to modify the appearance of the parent repeat, but we still don't see each group as a page.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BamJam.

Can you please share your XLSForm (xlsx file and any files from media folder) so we can take a look at how you have configured your pages, groups and repeats.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

Philip,

I have sent you a direct email with 3 different forms and their related media files that we have had in use for months now that we are seeing the pagination issue with in the latest S123 version (3.13.229).

Thank you,
Brandon

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BamJam,

Thanks, we have your email and will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MaiSwasdichira
New Contributor II

Thank you @DougBrowning .

I followed the suggestion from that post and I made it to work.. My form is now looking a little different but It is good for now. 

Thanks,

Mai

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @MaiSwasdichira,

Glad you were able to make it work, can you expand on how it looks a "little different", provide a screenshot showing what it looked like in 3.12, and what it now looks like in 3.13?

If you could also share your XLSForm (xlsx file and any fiels from media folder) that would be helpful so we can take a closer look and see if further improvements can be made. If youhave your 3.12 version of the form, before changes, and also the 3.13 version you now have after edits.

Regards,

Phil.