Survey123 version 3.12.274 Pulldata() functionality changes?

Jump to solution
02-25-2021 09:37 AM
BamJam
by
New Contributor III

Hello Survey123 Community and @JamesTedrick or @IsmaelChivite 

We have a form that has been in use for months that utilizes the pull data functionality to populate some fields in the form based on a barcode scan. 

We have had several users call that are not getting data populated in those fields after a barcode scan.  All our users are using iOS devices.  We have isolated this issue to users that have version 3.12.274 of Survey123.  We've verified that the necessary .csv file is in the media folder within the Portal item and that the data is properly populated in the file itself.  Furthermore, users that are still on 3.11.164 are able to scan and get the necessary fields populated...even after updating the form itself.  So, it seems to be an issue with version 3.12.274.

I have not been able to find any information on version 3.12.274.  Is there a change in the pulldata() functionality? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
49 Replies
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

I want to add I am also having issues with the pulldata function after confirming in Notepad++ that our csv is in the correct format with all column headers and no special characters. It is attached now for reference

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KPyne

Thank you for passing along the CSV file. In looking at the CSV file columns BC and BL have the same column header (p_elbows_0_75in_B) which is causing a namespace error when trying to import the table in the SQLite database. 

As both columns looked the same I had removed column BL and it worked as expected. If there's data in column BL that is different renaming the column will also work. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

That did it! Not sure how that one happened, but will add it to future verification...

Thanks Zachary

0 Kudos
JarrettCziesch1
New Contributor II
If your survey is public, the pullData functions will not work. It also
seems that pullData functions also interfere with the conditionals and
calculations used to auto fill responses.
0 Kudos
Arnaud_Brival
New Contributor III

Dear all, Dear @JamesTedrick @IsmaelChivite 

Thanks for this very good post.  Unfortunately it hasn't solved my recent issue with the pulldata function. 

I have the same issue: it was working all smoothly until one of the recent updates.  

In my survey, I have two .csv files from which we "pulldata".  One from which we pull info on DIVESITES and the other from which we pull info of DIVEGUIDES. 

What is quite strange is that the pulldata function still works perfectly for the LOV_DIVESITES.csv but the LOV_DIVEGUIDES.csv doesn't work anymore.

I checked the header issues (and filled the 3 empty ones I had) but it didn't solve it. No 'reserved words' were used either.

The survey is shared 'publicly' but we are not using javascript scripts, rather we are only pulling data into our calculations.

Could it be due because the pull data could only work from a single .csv, not two?   
Would you have any suggestions or solutions? 

Thanks in advance for your help,  I have attached the XLS form as well as the .CSV that doesn't work

0 Kudos
Arnaud_Brival
New Contributor III

I am also tagging @ZacharySutherby who seems to be the Techlord regarding this issue! 
Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Arnaud_Brival

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm and CSV! In taking a look at the CSV there are duplicate column headers, column O and column AA both have the header "Training". I changed column O to "Deep_Water_Training" (for example), resaved the CSV, and it looked like the pulldata() function was working on my end. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Arnaud_Brival
New Contributor III

I feel both grateful for your prompt laser support....and shy for taking up your time after missing this trivial issue... 
Thanks a lot to you and your team!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Brandon - I am having the same issue.  Pulldata function works at other versions except the latest version of 3.12.277

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Anonymous User, 

To troubleshoot the issue would I be able to obtain a copy of the XLSForm & any CSV's used in the pulldata() function. Please feel free to pass them along to ZSutherby@esri.com and I'll be happy to look into it. 

Thank you,

Zach

Thank you,
Zach