Survey123 v3.9 Draft Mode

04-21-2020 10:21 PM
PriyaRajan
New Contributor

Hi there,

I'm using Survey123 v3.9 connect to develop forms and publishing. My question is 'I enabaled Draft Mode in the Collaborate tab and I can see the Reset and Saved link when I open in browser. But once i start edit the form, it is showing 'Saving...' and not really saving(Not showing 'Saved'). I waited for more than 2hrs and still showing 'Saving..'. When I close the browser all the data is gone. Could you please help?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Priya,

We are currently looking into this issue, was the survey originally created in 3.9 Connect, or created in a earlier version of Connect and published the first time, and then re-published with 3.9?

Regards,

Phil. 

0 Kudos
PriyaRajan
New Contributor

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your response. Survey was originally created with the earlier version(3.7) and re-published in 3.9.

Regards,

Priya

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Priya,

Thanks for the additional information. I believe this is the same issue we have had reported recently also, and our website team is already looking into it. Once we have an update or when the fix will be available we will let you know.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Priya,

I'm from the website team, if it is possible could you provide more info related to your survey or a copy of your xlsx form?

e.g. Are you able to reproduce this issue in a different browser? Are there many calculation questions contained in this survey?

Thanks a lot!

Ruth

0 Kudos
PriyaRajan
New Contributor

Hi Ruth,

I have tested it in IE and Chrome and both the browser is showing the same issue. How do I attach a file here? I cannot see an option to attach file.

Thanks,

Priya

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Priya,

Thank you for your reply! If you click on "Reply", then you can see "Use advanced editor" on the top right of the input section. Then you can use the advanced editor to add attachments. 

Thanks a lot,

Ruth

0 Kudos
PriyaRajan
New Contributor

Hi Ruth.

Thank you.

I'm attaching the .xlsx file with this.

Regards,

Priya

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi Priya,

I am sorry for the late reply. There is an easy way to fix the issue, you just need to add labels to your repeat groups (lines 31 & 34 I think). Then, the draft mode should work as expected.

It may seem wired to you, but the group with a label and without label generates two different things on the backend for the web app. We currently do not support the group without a label in the web app.

If you think this might be a valuable feature to you, I encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Thanks a lot!

Ruth

PriyaRajan
New Contributor

Thanks for looking into this and the solution to fix the problem Ruth. Really appriciate.

Regards,

Priya

0 Kudos