Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 v3.5: Inbox doesn't show attachments

Jump to solution
06-06-2019 06:32 PM
JordanMiller4
Frequent Contributor

We're having trouble showing attachments in the inbox when operators open existing forms out in the field. 

I will note that we've had to move all our attachment questions into their own separate tables because the attachments are randomly grayed out and without a repeat option we can't add an attachment or set that question as required.

16 Replies
JimmyWalth
Occasional Contributor

Is there a plan to support the Inbox for viewing and adding Files (pdf, xls, etc.)?  That is the next logical step and would be of a great help in my workflow.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JimmyWalth,

Yes, we are planning to support this in a near future release. The next cab off the rank for support for attachments in the Inbox is the file question type. With the 3.13 September release the image question was added, and with 3.13 November update signature will be added, and then we will be working on file. Please keep an eye out on the Early Adopter Community for updates when beta testing is available.

Regards,

Phil.

JimmyWalth
Occasional Contributor
That is excellent news! This will mean a lot to my organization.
ABUGIS
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi Philip,

is there any timeline as when the "file attachment" will be supported in Inbox? i guess a lot of people need this functionality.

thanks

Naeim

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ABUGIS,

The support for file attachment type in Inbox is still in development and not currently scheduled for the next release, however it is on our roadmap for a future release later this year.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
islamsaied
New Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User ,

is there any update regarding file attachment type in the inbox for ArcGIS enterprise 

Thanks

islam

0 Kudos
ToddW_stl
Esri Contributor

Ok, so viewing attached images in the Survey123 Field App works great now.

Since viewing attached files in the field app is a known limitation at this time, my current workaround to view attached FILES in edit mode/inbox from (not within) the Survey123 Field App is to build an html link in a note for the user to click and open the record in edit mode in the mobile web browser

See my reply on this thread for more info, screenshots, sample xlsx form.

0 Kudos