Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 using XLSFORM, quantities

Jump to solution
08-21-2019 01:15 PM
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I'm new to Survey123, and I'm using Connect for ArcGIS Survey123.  How can I set up my form so that when I have my list of items instead of using a checkbox to check an item ON, I use a text box so the field user can enter a quantity.

So in the attached example, I want to place a "3" in the box to the left of "Bench" to request three benches and "100" in the box to the left of "Brick" to request one hundred bricks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

A method that you can use to accomplish the desired design of your survey is to use grid style groups.  You can see how they can be applied in the animation provided below.  I have attached the XLSForm that I used in order to design this survey so that you can review it as an example.  In addition, we have a 'Grid Style Groups' sample available in Survey123 Connect.

Find documentation related to 'theme-grid' here...

Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Brandon

View solution in original post

11 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John,

A method that you can use to accomplish the desired design of your survey is to use grid style groups.  You can see how they can be applied in the animation provided below.  I have attached the XLSForm that I used in order to design this survey so that you can review it as an example.  In addition, we have a 'Grid Style Groups' sample available in Survey123 Connect.

Find documentation related to 'theme-grid' here...

Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps!

Best,

Brandon

John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Brandon Armstrong‌ I need a little more help.  I'm trying to figure out how to add a page to my survey.  So I want to start off with Date, Name, Incident Number and Location.  Then I want that page to go away and have the new page {material; Bench, Bin, Block} page come up.  I think I understand the begin/end/repeat groups - but how do I manage pages? 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

First change the settings tab style to 'pages' (or 'theme-grid pages' if you want to use grid and pages).  Then for each group if you want it to be a page give it a appearance of field-list.

See the help for more  Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Doug Browning‌ Thank you for the response. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can mix and match pages and grids.  You just have to set the page to w1.  That way each field gets its own row.  You will still see grid lines around everything but 123 team said they are working on a style to take those out.

To collapse groups use the appearance of minimal or compact I forget.

0 Kudos
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Doug Browning‌ thank you for the response. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Within the "appearance" column you want to make sure to keep the width of the grid-theme by entering it like this "w4 field-list"

0 Kudos
John_RMellor__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Mike Bruening Doug Browning Brandon Armstrong I'm stuck.  When I answer a yes_no with yes, I want to go to a different page and ask another question.  I have that set up and working, except that the shows up in the page the numbers.  Let me rephrase that, along one branch of questions there should be 6 pages, along a separate branch there should only be 4 pages.  However, I always have 6 pages.  Any suggestions?  When I enter "field-list" in the 'appearance' column is the page going to show up no matter what - or - can I make the page optional based on a reply?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You cannot hide full pages.  They will just be blank.

0 Kudos