SURVEY123 (using survey123 connect) Errors with EsriGlobalID

11-28-2017 06:10 AM
SHANNONDWYER
New Contributor

SURVEY123 (using survey123 connect).... I'm getting errors for the EsriGlobalID, can anyone help with this error (Attached in a screenshot)?

I have found little documentation on errors like this. I am currently unable to publish my survey to collect data, dropping this field works for the survey portion. As this is a class assignment the lack of an EsriGlobalID will mean a reduction in the overall grade received. I have asked my professor as well, and he does not quite have a solution, he has suggested that I start over using Survey123 and avoid connect. I am convinced that there is a way to solve this issue and would prefer to learn from my mistakes, and maybe help others who receive the same error message.

At this point, I have made the survey publically accessible for data input and analysis so that I can get some direction from members of the ESRI community

Thank you,

Shannon Dwyer

Fleming College GIS and Cartography

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shannon,

This is due to line number 3 in your form.  Survey123 will create a globalid field automatically if you are not using an existing feature service.  It looks like you are trying to create a globalid field manually; while you've set up the question type correctly with the bind::esri:fieldType of GUID, you gave the question a default value of 'esriFieldTypeSingle' (this looks to have occurred because some of the field validation seems to have gotten misaligned in your spreadsheet).

0 Kudos
SHANNONDWYER
New Contributor

That makes Perfect Sense James,

I have gone ahead added bind::esri:fieldType of GUID and checked my fields for validation and I have also ensured that the default value of 'esriFieldTypeSingle' is NOT USED as you advised.

However, I seem to be having the same issue with the attached excel information (Updated workbook attached)

Should I set the default for this to 'esriFieldTypeSingleGUID'?

Thank you fro taking the time to try and help me with this

Kindest Regards,

Shannon

0 Kudos