Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 - Use selection to Autopopulate Related Table

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 06:57 AM
ScottStepro1
New Contributor III

Hello All... in a geotrace survey is it possible to populate fields in a related table based on that selection? 

Essentially, the user selects a route on the map (or from the inbox) and information from that selection is then entered into the related table.   Currently I am asking the user to select it in the related table but want to eliminate the step if I can.  I have been looking at documentation but not having much success. 

I found this thread previously but somehow don't think it will work the same in this instance.  Will report back...

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-autopopulate-id-into-related-tabl...

Thanks for any guidance...   current sur xlsx attached. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ScottStepro1,

Have you tried entering the parent layer question into the calculation column of the repeat question? For example enter ${T4CRouteID} into the calculation column for the T4RouteID_ question?

This should populate new repeats with the values from the parent layer, even when using the inbox and when using the search appearance. 

-Barbara

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ScottStepro1,

Have you tried entering the parent layer question into the calculation column of the repeat question? For example enter ${T4CRouteID} into the calculation column for the T4RouteID_ question?

This should populate new repeats with the values from the parent layer, even when using the inbox and when using the search appearance. 

-Barbara

0 Kudos
ScottStepro1
New Contributor III

Indeed it did Barbara, thank you!!

0 Kudos