Survey123 URL scheme in pop up, first opens blank page

Jump to solution
10-05-2018 06:19 AM
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

When adding a Survey123 URL scheme for a native Survey123 app (not webform), in a pop up window of a AGOL webmap, the hyperlink first opens a blank web page, before opening the survey123 app and corresponding survey. Is there a way to get rid of that blank page opening first...?

Here's the href I'm using:

<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=2dcb6f0f041f4b64be71fb993d4731e4" target="_blank">Open survey</a>

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Just noticed this seems to have been since fixed/changed - the blank web page gets created but then auto-closes which is great.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Chaim,

target="_blank"  is actually what you use to open a in a new page..  however removing it does not stop the blank page from opening when linking from popups in the map viewer.  It would appear that opening a new page or tab is baked into how links in the map viewer popups work, even when linking to an App.

I tried a few variation of your link, but could not find an easy or quick workaround to this.

Mark

ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for confirming. Yes, changing the target tag didn't help me either.

0 Kudos
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Just noticed this seems to have been since fixed/changed - the blank web page gets created but then auto-closes which is great.

0 Kudos