Survey123 upload image from direct-taken photo only

09-19-2017 01:43 AM
ElleW
by
New Contributor III

In Survey123, can I disable the upload image from device's files? So that users can only upload photo taken directly from their device.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Elle H

This is not possible with a standard image question - but we can get this added as an enhancement request.

A slight hack would be to use an image question and apply the 2.4 annotate appearance. This would mean that the user would be only able to take a picture  - however they would also be able to annotate on top of it (which may or amy not be an issue).

Thanks

John

ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Thanks John, 

How can I apple the 2.4 annotate appearance? I can explore on that. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Elle,

If you create a new survey with Survey123 Connect, you will find a new entry, 'annotate', in the appearance column's dropdown.  To add it to an existing form:

1) Open the XLS file of the survey.  Go to the 'Types' worksheet; this is where the information for dropdown and other validation checks are kept

2) Scroll down to line 36 or so - you should be in the list of appearances

3) Insert a new row in the middle of the list (not beginning or end) - this is so the dropdown in Excel includes the new row

4) In column A, type in the word 'annotate'; you can optionally type in a description in column B like "Applies to image fields. Allows user to open a canvas window to sketch on. Also supports annotation on images."

5) Go to the survey tab and your image question.  In the appearance column, the dropdown should now have the option to add the annotate appearance.

ElleW
by
New Contributor III

Thanks James 

0 Kudos