Survey123 Updated Form Will Not Publish

Jump to solution
04-16-2018 05:57 AM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am having an issue updating an existing survey.  Below are the 3 items I changed.  Not sure why it is not publishing.  I have not added any new fields or choices.  Hoping that someone can shed some light on this.  I just finished creating several maps, apps, and a dashboard the pulls from this forms feature service and I would hate to have to recreate all of that to make these simple changes.  I have attached both the working form and the modified form that won't publish.

1)   I  added back a pull data calculation to the "Inspected_By" field that I had previously deleted and also made it required. 

2)   I changed part of the calculation for the "maximum" field.

3) Changed case of 'OK' to 'Ok' in calculation for "Inspection_Priority" field.

Any ideas as to what the issue is would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

30 Replies
TeresaBlader
New Contributor II

I was also having this issue after moving item out of the auto created survey folder in AGOL . Changing the folder id in the .iteminfo file solved the issue. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
ChipBrownHBG
New Contributor III

Hi, Teresa.  I am having the same trouble and it seems like you made adjustments to the .iteminfo file to resolve the issue.  Ihad a user leave our organization so I needed to change owners, but now the survey will not publish properly. Are you managing the survey through the Survey123 website or Survey123 Connect? If I want to update the folder ID, do I have to do that through Survey123Connect?  If I need to change owners in the future for a survey, is it better to use the "Transfer Content" option on the organization member page of AGOL? Would that make a difference?  Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
TeresaBlader
New Contributor II

As far as I am aware, the only place to make that change is in Survey123 connect because it put's the accessible files on your computer. I imagine it's possible in Survey123 Web... but I have yet to figure out how to interact with the background code/JSON and etc. The .iteminfo file and other files will be accessible once you download the survey into Survey123 Connect. Our admin transfers ownership of our content, so I couldn't speak to that. As far as I'm aware, this will be an issue no matter what type of transferring you do since there isn't a way to transfer "folders" that I'm aware of. Hope that helps! I've had to do this twice now from the same situation, and my own personal desire to reorganize my AGOL folders. 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue as original poster, where the survey will not republish because I moved it from the folder that was created when it originally published. Is there a way around this? I have numerous surveys developed out of Survey123 Connect for a single project and would like to avoid having 5+ folders associated. Is there a setting on the back end that I can change to fix this?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

While easier to move the forms back into their original folders, you can update the form item on your computer to reflect the new folder.  Find the ID of the folder the form is in (the easiest way is to right click on the folder in the item details web page and select 'Inspect Element').  Then update the folder in the .iteminfo file of the form.

ElizabethNaro
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue with updating a published form. I am trying to add a hidden field to a repeat that will pull an answer from the parent data into the related table. I know it is not an issue with the folder itself since I can make updates to the text of the questions in both the parent form and the repeat. Yet when I try to add this hidden field the publishing process gets stuck on the first step (getting form information) and just churns forever. Ideas on what might be causing this?

0 Kudos
justin_scott8
New Contributor

Has this been answered?  I am having the exact same problem.

0 Kudos
KristenMeier
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue! Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
JulietK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James, just wondering what other options there are available if there is no 'id' section within the .iteminfo file? I only have 'name' and 'type' in the document when opened with notepad.. Same with all my other surveys (created from Survey123 Connect). 

I couldnt find the folder on arcgis that the survey published to, so created a new folder and moved the items into the new folder from 'all my contents'. Then I found the original published folder and deleted it to keep the folders list tidy. Now I'm having the same issue as the original poster, where the publish process will load forever. Thanks!

0 Kudos
JoelMcKechnie
New Contributor III

Hi Josh

I had the exact same issue you've described. What fixed this for me was updating the survey in Survey123Connect before opening the survey. I noticed an update button was available on the survey thumbnail. This synchronises the published survey with your local data.

Note: this overwrites your local data, so if you've made changes to your form since the last publish - you might want to create a backup and then copy it over after synchronising.

0 Kudos