Survey123 unable to add feature service definition

Jump to solution
06-24-2020 08:23 AM
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

While attempting to publish a new survey using version RC1 3.10.222, i am getting the error "Unable to add feature service definition code 400".  Searching help suggests that I may have a duplicate value in the Name column of the XSLForm.  I am unable to find a duplicate entry visually nor by using Excel Conditional Formatting> Highlight Cells Rules> Duplicate Values tool.  No cells are highlighted red normally indicating duplicate entries.

Is there some other reason I might be getting this error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Leonard, 

I am glad removing the ObjectID from the XLSForm is working out! 

For the error report, I was originally testing in 3.10.198 but just updated to 3.10.222 and the workflow was the same in both. When the error is thrown in the publishing log if you click on the block with the error it will pop up the report window: 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Leonard Barnhill

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! In looking into the Form I see that there is an ObjectID field on line 2 of the survey. 

In reviewing the error message that is thrown when publishing the survey: 

The error message is saying the ObjectID is specified more than once. When I deleted that hidden question in the XLSForm the survey published up as expected. 

When publishing the survey a hosted feature service with an ObjectID field is automatically generated and is erroring out when trying to add the field again. 

Please use this link for reference regarding defining fields in tables. 

Thank you,

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach
LeonardBarnhill
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Zach.  Your suggestion has solved the problem. This raises an additional question:

How did you get the Error Report message box to show.  I was getting this message box in version 3.10.188 but not getting it in v3.10.198 or v3.10.222.  Is there a setting I am missing?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Leonard, 

I am glad removing the ObjectID from the XLSForm is working out! 

For the error report, I was originally testing in 3.10.198 but just updated to 3.10.222 and the workflow was the same in both. When the error is thrown in the publishing log if you click on the block with the error it will pop up the report window: 

Thank you, 

Zach 

Thank you,
Zach