Survey123 Time Field No Longer Selects Current Time

07-30-2019 05:03 AM
JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

In the previous version of Survey123, you could automatically select the current time by simply clicking on the time question and then clicking elsewhere in the survey. In the newest version of Survey123 (v 3.5.164), the time question will initially select the current time but once you click elsewhere it reverts back to a past time stamp. Is this a known bug? Are there any plans to fix this in an upcoming update?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

I believe this issue has already been fixed and we will be releasing a hotfix for 3.5 later this week to address this and a few other minor bugs.

Please test it out once updated in the app stores, and let us know if still experiencing a different behaviour.

Phil.

JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

That's great news! Thank you, Phil. I will let you know if we continue to experience this issue in 3.5.

0 Kudos
JohnSmith40
New Contributor III

I downloaded v 3.5.176 this morning and I'm still experiencing this issue. Time questions are still not correctly selecting the current time.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not able to reproduce the behaviour your described above. Do you have any defaults or calculations on your time question? Is it a time only question, or a date-time question?

Can you provide a copy of your xlsx file and more detailed instructions/description of exactly what the issue is? Does it only happen with one survey you have, all any survey with a time question?

And is this happening on all devices/makes/models and OS versions, or just some? Can you please specify?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder1
New Contributor III

Phil,

I'm seeing this issue in 3.5.177, in both Android and iOS, as well as S123 Connect 3.5.166 in Windows. This didn't seem to be an issue in earlier releases of S123 (<3.5).

The issue:

When a time field is clicked, the current time (e.g. 11:52 AM) is displayed in the field box and that is the desired time for this field:

But the time picker shows the field initialization(?) time (e.g. 11:51 AM) - this may not be form start time if relevant statement is used. When the user clicks anywhere to close the picker (i.e. without picking a time), the field changes to the picker time:

Default of now() gets the time that the field initialized. This resets when clicked, but I need users to document the end time of their work (which may not coincide with the form end time).

If time is manually changed, the indicated time is retained, so that's not an issue.

The issue is that my users have been clicking the field in the past to document the end time of their work and since the behavior of this field has changed, we've now had a couple errors crop up since the time field is defaulting back to the initialization time without them realizing it. We'll be more cautious moving forward, but it would be nice to have the old behavior back. 

Is this on the docket to fix or is this intended behavior of time fields for the future?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John/Braden,

Thanks for all the additional information. We have been able to reproduce the issue with the time control, it only occurs when the form is open for more than 1 minute, the dropdown time control is not honouring the current time, but using the form open time when no calculation is set. However the input box will display current time which then gets over-ridden.

We are aiming to have this fixed in the next 3.6 release.

Phil.

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder1
New Contributor III

Thanks Phil!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John/Braden,

Just letting you know this issue has been fixed and will be available in the upcoming 3.6 release. If you would like to test it out earlier we have just updated EAC with new 3.6 RC1 builds which include this fix. Thanks for all your help on this issue.

Phil.