Survey123: Surveys based on relationship from a non-federated feature service (no repeats) are not sending through.

09-21-2018 01:20 PM
LeahSperduto
New Contributor III

Scenario:

-The survey is built from Connect and is calling a table (only the table, no repeats) that is related to a feature class based on the field “MeterNo” to “MeterNum”

-The MeterNum field is being auto calculated using the URL Scheme sent from the popup configured in AGOL from the parent feature class. 

-The survey is able to be filled out but when submitted it just hangs…indefinitely

Attached is the log file

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think it must be a FC not a table.  There is always a geopoint added.

Also a maybe

To work with nonfederated feature services, some additional configuration is required, as you will need to manually create a feature layer item in your ArcGIS organization that represents the service. For details, see this knowledge base article on how to connect to nonfederated ArcGIS Server services.

0 Kudos
LeahSperduto
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply Doug, I have confirmed in the past with the Survey123 team that this is possible and should actually be simpler than a survey with repeats.  Also, the service is served up through our shop account. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Every time this happened to me it was having attachments enabled on a table that was under a FC.  Thus creating a nested repeat.  This was before v3 however.

Not sure if that helps.

0 Kudos
LeahSperduto
New Contributor III

Ok, I have removed the attachment image from the survey to see if it resolves it but it did not.

Leah Sperduto

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is it gone from the service also?  must delete the attach table completely.

0 Kudos
LeahSperduto
New Contributor III

It was never in the service, but still shows up by default upon survey creation . That is why I removed it from the survey

Leah Sperduto

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You lost me.  Are you using an existing FS or DB?  Sounds like it.  Can you screen shot the DB structure?

0 Kudos