Survey123 survey submittal issues with iPads and AGOL Account

04-30-2018 09:57 AM
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

I created a Survey123 to help report issues my staff has been finding in the field. The survey and application was working great initially. Then, my staff are unable to submit issue surveys they encounter in the field through their iPads. They can submit surveys through their iPhones AND I can log in to my AGOL account and submit surveys on their iPads. So its not the iPads, it is their accounts associated with the iPad. Any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Guest001
New Contributor III

Problem solved....

Our technician has two survey123 accounts active on a shared device.

The misunderstanding was that we are using hyperlinks to the survey from explorer/collector, where the proper user credentials is required. It was assumed that after signing in to explorer/collector the link would send you to survey123 with the proper credentials authenticated. However since the survey form has already been downloaded to the device survey123 was running with the last users credentials (a user that did not have access to this particular project).

Since this discovery, the tech has opened survey123, signed in the with the proper credentials and submitted the forms (all of the surveys that were collected with the other account were available as these surveys are stored to the device not the user specific).

Thanks for your help!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had this occur with one or two of our surveys and I had to adjust the role of the person having issues in order for them to be able to submit the survey. It was the oddest thing, but the minute I switched them over to a little bit higher level of editing, then they could submit.

Here is a screenshot for the custom role I had created for a few folks. Not sure if it will help in the cause or not?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screenshot didn

0 Kudos
KayaSittard
Esri Contributor

Mike, thank you, I'll try this! Nevertheless, it is strange, that some users could send their data, some couldn't. They all had the same settings.

-Kaya

0 Kudos