Survey123 survey submittal issues with iPads and AGOL Account

04-30-2018 09:57 AM
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

I created a Survey123 to help report issues my staff has been finding in the field. The survey and application was working great initially. Then, my staff are unable to submit issue surveys they encounter in the field through their iPads. They can submit surveys through their iPhones AND I can log in to my AGOL account and submit surveys on their iPads. So its not the iPads, it is their accounts associated with the iPad. Any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sean

An account should be assigned to a user and not a device - this how the named user licensing model works.

With that in mind, it sounds like permissions have been changed for the survey or the user.

Can you confirm if changes have been made and also share the error message they are seeing?

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

John,

I have attached iPad screenshots of attempting to send a new issue report. The report appears to send and appears in the "sent" folder with a small clock icon near it, but does not appear in the sent surveys in Survey123 online. When attempting to edit a sent survey, I receive a red explanation point error and the issue report will be stuck in the "outbox".I also see Error Code 1009 when attempting to do this. Issue Reports will send through the iPhone with my account. We have tried submitting issue reports through the iPads with multiple project user accounts with no success. 

I've checked my Role privileges for my staff and they have the same privileges as myself.

Here is what my staff sees. I understand the error says unable to edit, but my staff can add and edit surveys through their iPhones. This is only the iPads.

-Sean

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for this Sean. It looks like the permissions on the feature service are preventing submission.

Can you please share a screen shot of the feature service permissions in ArcGIS Online so I can take a look?

0 Kudos
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

Hi John,

There are no permissions that would be preventing submission.

Yesterday, we were doing more testing with different roles related to the profile and there doesn't seem to be any pattern. This will happen to NoGeocodedUsers, Publishers, Admins, Group Managers, Non-Group Managers, Users.

We also tested isolating users in the groups to determine if someone was tied to multiple groups causing it to hang up. That was not successful either.

The issues only arises with iPads for my staff, but yesterday when I had other users test, some users could not submit at all. When submitting a survey, the survey would send but not connect to the feature service. 

-Sean

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Sean - they look fine.

Can you drop me an email jhasthorpe@esri.com so we can trouble shoot this further.

0 Kudos
KayaSittard
Esri Contributor

@Jonathan Hasthorpe

Hi Jonathan,

I had a similar problem in a teachers workshop a couple of weeks ago. Both Android Phones and Iphones were used and we had problems with both types of devices. As Sean described, there is no pattern recognizable.

Could a cause already be detected? 

Thanks, Kaya

0 Kudos
Guest001
New Contributor III

Jonathan,

We are experiencing the same issue. The account has privileges; I tested it out on a separate device and surveys could be sent. However they cannot be sent from the device that was being used in the field. We are utilizing the outbox to cache surveys and would complete/QA-QC them later in the office. Now we have a bunch of data stuck on a device unable to update the hosted FC.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi - When you tested on the field and other device, did you sign in using the same account? Could you do a screenshot of the user permission settings? Also what kind of error are you seeing?

There are instructions on how to get the data off a device here:Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  - but let's see if we can troubleshoot this further first.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
Guest001
New Contributor III

John,

I did test it with the same user account.

Here is the error response from the iPad

Here are screenshots of the user level and permissions

Thanks for the assistance!

0 Kudos