Survey123 - submitting another survey link?

06-16-2020 08:09 AM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I am using the web design form (not Survey123 Connect) and I have two questions.

How do I change this text: "Press here to submit another survey."?

If that's not possible, how do I use the link of the "here" word in my thank you screen? I tried the "javascript:void(0)" link but that did not work. 

Thanks!

4 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adrian,

In the Thank you screen, you can highlight any text and add a link to the text. That way it will be similar to the "Press here to submit another survey.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Shwu-jing Jeng‌, while I agree that is one option, it isn't exactly the same behavior as what the "javascript:void(0)" link does. If I try using that 'link', nothing happens. Where this has a difference is when the survey is embedded into another webpage. When the user clicks on "here" in the embedded survey, as far as I know the new survey opens within the same embedded page. If I add my own text and link to the same survey, it opens in a new window. Is there a way to make the survey open in the same parent target instead of a new tab or window?

Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adrian,

Currently we haven't support customizing "Press here to submit another survey." I will suggest you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

And if you prefer to open the survey in the same parent target, you might want to use js api to achieve this.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

bdewitt_olsson
New Contributor III

Adrian, not sure if this problem is still relevant to you 2 years later (amazing that this is still not customizable after all this time!), but after some tinkering I found a workaround that will hopefully work for you:

1. Use Chrome (other browsers should work but I only know how the console works in Chrome)

2. Create a link back to your survey in the text editor as you normally would.

3. After everything is configured exactly how you want it, highlight your link, right click, and click "Inspect". This will open the console on the righthand side.

4. If you scroll up or down a bit in the console (make sure you are on the "Elements" tab), you should find something that says "target="_blank"". bdewitt_olsson_0-1650301814990.png Replace the word "blank" with the word "self".

5. Click save and publish your survey as you normally would.

Something to note, I believe this will reset itself every time you edit the thank you screen and possibly every time you edit the survey in general. So if you do this to a survey you edit a lot, I would test this link a lot too to make sure it's still working.

I really hope this helps and I hope ESRI makes the "submit another response" option customizable!

0 Kudos