Survey123 submission that is resent from inbox or sent folder in the ios app is not triggering microsoft flow

Jump to solution
11-04-2020 01:05 PM
TaylorSchyrbiak
New Contributor II

I have successfully created a flow from my survey123 survey created from connect to an excel online file. I can get the flow to add new rows to the table. However, after several attempts and trialing a few other forums suggestions, I still cannot get the flow to trigger, let alone update an existing row in my table, when editing and resending a survey from the inbox or sent folders of the ios app. I have tried using the objectId as well as calculated uuid() for indicators. The flow itself will also perform without error, but when tested for a resubmission, it is not triggered. 

Can someone provide a template on how to "update a row" in an excel file when an existing survey response has been edited from the ios app? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Taylor Schyrbiak‌, 

In the Survey123 website if you navigate to Settings > Webhooks > Edit webhook is "Existing record edited" enabled for Trigger events? 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Taylor Schyrbiak‌, 

In the Survey123 website if you navigate to Settings > Webhooks > Edit webhook is "Existing record edited" enabled for Trigger events? 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
TaylorSchyrbiak
New Contributor II

Yes, that was it! I guess mine were all defaulted to off.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Taylor Schyrbiak‌, 

Sweet I am glad that worked out! Unfortunately with the Survey123 Power Automate connector monitoring for updating records is not enabled by default. 

- Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
JoshuaFergusonPCW
New Contributor II

Do you mind showing your flow with any expressions clearly shown. I'm trying to do the same thing but not having any luck with the updating of a row. 

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

@TaylorSchyrbiak Did you ever manage getting it to update the specific row instead of just creating a new entry? This is something I would love to be able to set up I'm just not sure how to go about it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TaylorSchyrbiak
New Contributor II

@JoshuaFergusonPCW  and  @RobertAnderson3 

For the survey where I have 1 record populate 1 row, I have the ObjectID as a column in my excel sheet and use this in my flow:

TaylorSchyrbiak_0-1683818560365.png

Where string(...) is equal to string(triggerOutputs()?['body/feature/result/objectId'])

and empty(...) is equal to empty(body('Filter_array'))

**Keep in mind, the "List rows present in a table" has a maximum records that it will search through** So this option is only really viable if you have a maximum of 5000 rows in your excel sheet.

I've also set something up where there are multiple lines populated in excel per survey entry, but that flow is a bit more complicated for updates.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this! I'll have to take the time to try this out.

0 Kudos