Survey123 Stopping When Phone Rings

10-04-2017 01:05 AM
JohnMcConalogue
New Contributor III

When i'm filling in a survey using survey123 I sometimes receive a phone call, before I have saved the data I have input.

I get a message then saying that survey123 has stopped working.

When I go back into survey123 all the data I have input to the survey has been lost and has to be input again.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wonder if you could enable the "autosave" function though out your form?

From this blog; there is a section that talks about using the "autosave" function to help recover data if the field app crashes. I have not personally tried it out yet, but have plans to start testing it. Just have to figure out how to make the app crash and maybe it's by getting a phone call?

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/20/talk-like-a-pirate-release-24?commentID=... 

This is about a third of the way down the page.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

What version of Survey123 are you currently using? If it is the latest version (2.4.72) and autosave is not working, please let me know the device, OS and version and a copy of your xls form.

As Mike points out, the latest version of Survey123 now has an autosave feature. If the app crashes or is closed unexpectedly the answers entered in the survey up until that point will be saved, and upon opening the app again, you will be prompted if you would like to continue the recovered survey or discard the recovered survey.

Once you have installed the latest version 2.4.72 of the app, autosave will be automatically enabled on for all questions in all surveys. However if you prefer, autosave can be configured to only trigger on certain questions throughtout the survey, using the bind:saveInComplete field in the xlsform and setting it to true.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos