Survey123 Single Choice questions not working in field app (Android)

07-16-2020 02:53 PM
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hi, I am on an Android device using Survey123 app from a survey created from the web designer. It is a simple survey with nothing special. There are a few Single Choice options in my survey that I cannot tap on in the app. Nothing happens when I tap on them. I tried making the single choice options vertical, horizontal, and horizontal compact, and still nothing happens. These single choice options are sometimes just two values but other times are up to six values.

This works in a web browser, but not the Survey123 application.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my single choice options work? Some of these questions are required so I cannot submit my survey when these are not answered. I am not sure what version of Survey123 android app I am on but it was just installed yesterday, so I guess the latest! Please help!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adrian,

What model is your android device and what android version is the device running on?

How did you create your survey? From Connect or Web Designer?

Could you share your sample XLSForm with us if it's created from Connect?

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Shwu-jing Jeng,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10, Android version 10, and it was created in the web designer.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adrian,

I don't have Samsung S10 but tried with Pixel3 whiich is running with Android 10, published a select one survey from web designer and used field app production 3.9 version and it seems to be fine. 

Did the select one issue happened with all of your web designer surveys? Or just a particular survey? 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for responding. I had someone else in my org try this out on his Android 9 phone and the same results happened. I will try making another survey with with single choice radio buttons to see if I get the same result. I will try this Monday. And if I am still having issues, I will share the survey publicly. I will let you know what I find out!

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Shwu-jing Jeng‌, I think I figured out the issue, or at least narrowed it down some. When I publish a survey with the Utah arches background (this one)

The radio buttons (single choice) do not work. The same happened when I used the night sky back ground next to it. But if I used just a solid color (like blue or green), it worked just fine. So from now on, I will not have a custom or different image, I'll just use solid colors.

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Adrian,

The issue you are running into was an existing salesforce issue, which is

BUG-000126444 Unable to select the Single Choice, Multiple Choice and Single Choice Grid questions if the Survey123 for ArcGIS form is created with the Survey123 for ArcGIS website and uses one of the image themes.

I will suggest you to contact Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.