I want to use Survey123 to keep track of a daily work related checklist. I would like to use the signature function to have the person filling out the survey sign it, and then send it. After the survey is sent, I would like the supervisor to have a way to also sign the survey, or somehow mark that they have reviewed it. Any suggestions how to go about doing that would be great. In addition - I like the "show individual response" option when reviewing survey123 data, is that option available in AGOL or only Survey123?
OK....I set that up, but it's not working correctly.... When I sign into my supervisor's report survey, I can't see any surveys sent from the field workers surveys.
1. I set up Form1 as my initial feature service and published.
2. I went into Survey123Connect, click New Survey, clicked the radio button for Feature Service, chose my Form1 FC and titled it Field Survey. I edited this survey to hide the supervisors field. I did notice that my .xls form was set up differently than my original Form1 .xls. For example my "select multiple" row was changed to just text, and the form no longer included those selections in the Choices tab. I changed it back to 'select multiple' and added the choices back in so I don't know if that messed it up.
3. I published Field Survey
4. Went back to Survey123Connect and created a new survey titled Supervisor. I created the survey from the same Form1 feature class. I then made the same "select multiple" changes I made above.
5. published the Supervisor survey.
Now when i send a survey from the Field Survey form, it doesn't show up in either the Form1 or the Supervisor feature service. Did i miss something? Or did the fact that I changed the .xls for mess it up?
Thank you for all your help!
figured it out - it was because i messed around with the select multiple field. In the end I published my Field survey with all the questions. I then published my Supervisor Survey from the Field Survey feature class. I then went back and the supervisors questions hidden in the field survey. Set up the inbox on the Supervisor's survey only. Everything is working perfectly !
Has there been any progress with allowing a signature when editing a survey within the inbox? I too need some sort of 'supervisor' review check of a survey.
Hi Craig, this is the solution I used and it works quite well.
I have a field and a supervisor survey. The supervisor can see sent surveys that have not been signed by the supervisor and sign them via his inbox within the Survey123 app. Here is how I set it up.
I always use the advanced excel template when setting up my surveys.
1. Create the survey with All of the questions you want, including the supervisors signature.
2. Publish this as the Field Survey
3. Create a new survey from a feature class, and use the feature class that was created with the field survey, this will be the supervisors survey.
4. On the supervisors survey enable the Inbox, and i used an expression "supervisor signature is NULL" so when the supervisor logs in they only see the surveys they did not sign.
5. This step is optional, but i then went back into the field survey and made the supervisor signature as the "hidden" format instead of "text" so the field workers could not see/sign the supervisor's signature themselves.
6. I also played around with the "instance name" on the setting tab of the excel spreadsheet so the surveys would show up as the survey date and an attribute from the survey - this way when the supervisor is looking at them in his inbox, he can easily identify surveys.
I hope that helps, if you need further detail or screenshots let me know!.