Survey123: Selection returned is either "Name" or "Label"

05-31-2017 06:55 AM
BillBittenbender
New Contributor II

Can anyone tell me why I am getting the "Choices:Name" value on a "select_multiple" and "Choices:Label" value on a "select_one" in the XLSForm back as a selected value for a survey, when actually it should only be the "Choices:Label"???  

Shouldn't this be consistent?

Thank you for any assistance,

Bill

0 Kudos
5 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. You may want to share a simplified version of your XLSForm.   Both select_one and select_multiple should return the name values from your choice lists, rather than the labels. The reason why name values are returned is  because labels can change in multiple-language surveys.

0 Kudos
BillBittenbender
New Contributor II

Thank you Ismael.

That makes total sense...especially when de-serializing the Json object into a C# class file.  How does one "share" a file here?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

To attach a file to a message in GeoNet, click on the 'Use advanced editor' link.

0 Kudos
BillBittenbender
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for that.  I didn't even notice.  I just got off the phone with an Esri Rep and he was able to re-produce the issue at hand with a simple XLSForm of his own.  He says the issue is not an existing bug being worked on, so he created one for me.  The "Select_One" options are the culprits.  I will update this once I hear something.

Bill

0 Kudos
BillBittenbender
New Contributor II

This has now been declared as an official bug by an Esri Representative.  The view of the collected data from a survey is reflecting an incorrect value in the table representation....

BUG-000105560 : Survey123 for ArcGIS stores correct survey values in associated feature service, yet values are not displayed correctly when viewing survey results via Table view in survey123.arcgis.com website

0 Kudos