Survey123: Reverse Geocoding

05-23-2019 06:54 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

How many ArcGIS Online credits are being used in the reverse geocoding sample? Trying to get an idea of how many credits are being used for that sample each time we move the geopoint and generate information. Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Please take a look at the credit breakdown for geocoding here.

Best,

Brandon

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4

Morning Brandon,

The reverse geocoding is the "geocoding | 40 credits per 1,000 geocodes", correct? When I use the reverse geocode in a form it's using .5 credit every time I generate address information. Can I get some additional clarification on why I am being charged .5 credits each time when the documentation states 1,000 geocodes for every 40 credits?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jordan,

Just to check, there is only one reverse geocode function in the form?  Each reverse geocode function would charge a seperate .04 cr charge. If using a large number of requests, the best practice is to request the entire reverse geocode and then use pulldata('@json',...) to parse out individual portions in other questions.

0 Kudos
JordanMiller4

Hey James,

I attached a condensed version of our excel sheet above. If it's not any trouble can you confirm that we're only pulling data once? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jordan, 

Yes, the form is set up correctly to request one reverse geocode.  One thing to note is that hidden and calculate question types currently are always relevant - the relevant expression line 8 has is ignored; this may lead to more than expected reverse geocode attempts (though what you are describing is ~10 times the expected charge).

0 Kudos