Survey123 reports in an app

02-09-2024 04:41 AM
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Is it possible to have the Survey123 Report functionality as part of a widget in an Experience Builder of WebApp (no custom JS)?  Any other ways to generate the report outside of survey123.arcgis.com? I think I know the answer is no, but it's best to ask.

Additionally, the Survey123.arcgis.com website allows you to print/export a PDF with the details of a single row/submission.  This is done in the data tab of the survey, selecting the record from the attribute table (then a pane on the RHS opens up) in that pane, a print icon creates a report of the survey submission fields and entries.

Is it possible to amend the formatting of that print?  There's several bits which look untidy such as formatting tags to <center> etc. being visible.  I know a report can configured instead, but this print doesn't seem to cost any credits.

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

You can generate reports via Notebooks I believe. It's a lot more involved though. EDIT: I think this (or this) is what I was thinking of.

As for 3rd party software, there is also VertiGIS Report.

And of course, there is Power Automate and similar products (e.g., Make).

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/generate-feature-report-directly-by-url-paramet...

Vote for the above idea. Someone did it in the comments in Enterprise.

Notebooks don't work well for end users as it's difficult to embed in apps or return the pdf. I don't think you can connect email servers.

I've been looking at a around where a user can submit a survey off the feature, enter their email, and this creates a web-hook based request to generate a report from one or more features and then email it. Not ideal, as I'd rather it execute as a request within the web app (like it does in the Survey123 website) but it should give a lot of options.

DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Thanks Christopher, I'll try to digest the post next week!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Ya, that looks cool. Had a quick read, and this already seems to be on Esri's road-map which is fantastic. Having this native to things like Experience Builder will be amazing.

I actually had a need for this come up last Friday. I have been poking at a few things, and I think I have settled on a super low-effort fix for now. In my case, I don't just need a Feature Report, I need some other documents generated as well, which means I need Power Automate to be invoked. I was going to jump through a bunch of hoops (and may still), but I decided "why don't I just make a simple survey based on the Feature Layer?" That way, I can use pre-existing webhooks. I need to clean a few things up, but this will do what I need it to without the need for any custom script.

abureaux_0-1707666746482.png

0 Kudos