Survey123 Report Templates: Conditional Field Appearance in Report

02-21-2018 07:25 AM
CatherineMurphy
New Contributor

I have some surveys that are a bit lengthy and my end users would prefer them to be more concise. Most of the questions are yes/no/n/a, and depending on the response, will allow the user to add notes. In the report that is generated, I would like to mirror the conditional notes field rather than generating reports with all but ~1-3 notes fields appearing empty. I know it's still a beta feature, but is this possible? And if so, how do I go about doing this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Catherine,

Currently, conditional show/hide is not available in the print templates.  It is a feature that we are working on for a future release.

CatherineMurphy
New Contributor

Hey James,

Thanks for the speedy response. I'm glad to hear you guys are hard at work getting it ready for a future release. I and my company will definitely get a lot of use out of it. Thanks again and have a great rest of the week!

0 Kudos
DudleyHartel
New Contributor II

I used this Survey123 report template (a Word doc) successfully to conditionally print attributes:

Tree Species:

${TreeGenusSpecies}

DBH:

${TreeDBH}

Tree Height:

${TreeHeight}

Failure:

${TreeFailureType}      [Note: this is a single-select that returns RF (Root Failure), TF (Trunk Failure), BF (Branch Failure); after which the form user  is prompted for attributes specific to that type of failure]

${if TreeFailureType == “Root Failure”}

Root Failure Type:

${RootFailureType}

${/}

${if TreeFailureType == “Trunk Failure”}

Trunk Failure Height:

${TrunkFailureHeight}

Trunk Failure Diameter:

${TrunkFailureDiameter}

${/}

${if TreeFailureType == “Branch Failure”}

Branch Diameter:

${BranchBreakDiameter}

Branch Length:

${BranchLength}

${/}

These if statements against form attributes seemed to work.  Isn't this what you are referring to?

TNGStewardship
New Contributor III

Thanks Dudley - I was having the same problem/question as Catherine. This solved it!

The fields only show up if there is data in them!

Emily

0 Kudos
gls
by
New Contributor II

@JamesTedrick Is conditional show/hide available in report templates now? I have a lengthy survey and would like the report to only show questions that have data in them.

0 Kudos