Survey123 Report Template "Failed to Print Map" Error

06-24-2019 03:08 PM
Michelle_Baragona
New Contributor III

I have created a report template for a Survey123 form that references a web map that I have created in order to print the map with some additional layers and custom symbology. The reports have run well from my own account/test surveys. However, when I try to print a report that somebody else in my org submitted, the process times out and I get an error saying 

Failed to print map for ${property_location|mapSettings:"[map id number]":145000}. Navigation Timeout Exceeded: 180000ms exceeded. 

The map referenced is currently set to Everybody for sharing permissions, and the point from the submitted survey in question does show up on the map. I'm at a loss.

***UPDATE***

I was able to get the map to print, but only after going to the web map and moving the location of the point in question. This doesn't seem like a real solution, but I guess it's an ok work-around.

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Michelle

Thanks for the details (and the update!) - good to hear you got it to print. Our team is currently investigating an issue with feature reports that use a basemap with multiple vector layers, and/or reports with multiple complex basemaps. Does the basemap you're using have a large number of layers in it? Does the issue persist if using a larger map scale (i.e. less than 145000)? Would it be possible to share the link to the basemap, XLSForm and report template DOCX? (Feel free to send by direct message if you prefer.)

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello Jim, I am having a similar issue trying to generate a feature report with my template in ArcGIS Enterprise Survey123 website as well. Previously it was working (about 2 months ago), so I don't know what could have changed since then. I have tried on the older and newer survey123 forms that we've been working on. This is the exact error I keep on getting everywhere: (sample reports also fail to generate)

The web map ID is correct. 

I found this on the internet, but the solution provided here is not good, because survey has been created with Survey123 Connect app, so I can't change the webmap anymore once the survey was published and the data has already been collected... or can I? will it really help? (as I doubt that...and i'm afraid to lose the data by republishing the survey...) Error: Failed to print map for ${}. Failed to load web map: Failed to load portal item 

Can I write you a message and attach files personally?

Will be looking for a response, 

Aurelija

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelija

Thanks for the screenshot. Looping in my colleague Zheng Liu‌ to ask for her assistance - Jody, could you please take a look at this error message and let us know your thoughts? Thanks!

Best,

Jim

Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello Jim, 

I only noticed your reply now.

Actually when i reported this problem to the customer company (on which ArcGIS Portal i've been working) that we have this issue, it has been fixed after a few days. 

So I am not sure what was the issue behind this after all... 

/Aurelija

Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Aurelija, thanks for reporting back and good to hear the issue resolved itself - any further occurrences of this please let me know.

cc: Zheng Liu

Best,

Jim

Aurelija_RutaViluckyte
New Contributor III

Hello Jim,  (wasn't able to tag Zheng Liu)

I've got a similar error again, but I'm not sure what it actually means or where it could be coming from. 

Maybe you will have an idea?

2020-11-24 16_41_16-Baltic Pipe Survey V2 - Data– „Google Chrome“.png

/Aurelija

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi @Aurelija_RutaViluckyte ,

This error indicates either the map loading time is exceeded max time allowed or some layers in the web map specified cannot be loaded. Is it possible to share the survey and template (you can email me at zliu@esri.com) so our team can take a further look? 

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

CCGIS
by
New Contributor III

Hello @Jim-Moore @JodyZhengLiu. I have a similar problem. I created a survey in Survey123 Connect and change the basemap so the field personnel can use reference information. The basemap is loading a map using a service in Enterprise. I checked the options of the service and I see export options are supported. 

CCGIS_0-1680101554919.png

CCGIS_1-1680101935086.png

I have tried changing the scale and I have used mapSettings and Map with different options. Is there anything else I could try?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
PetronilaMandeno
Occasional Contributor II

So, I guess this is a regular error. I remember getting this error before and was able to fix it, but now I can't figure out a new error for a new report template.

Here's the error I get:

error.JPG

Any clues?

0 Kudos