Survey123 Report Template Error

Jump to solution
04-30-2021 04:12 PM
ElizabethHovsepian
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a report that will put the repeats in a table row by row (this works fine), but then I want to place the pictures that are taken within the repeats at the end of the table.  I think I am following the syntax examples correctly.  When I try to load the report template with the photos portion, it gives me an error ‘Failed to parse ${photos} since field name or parameter photos cannot be found in the current parsing scope’.

When I do it without the photos portion, it works fine.  Probably a syntax problem but I cannot figure it out.  I have attached some screen shots and the xlsx form and report template.

Using Connect  3.10.323

Thanks, Elizabeth

ElizabethHovsepian_0-1619823858509.png

ElizabethHovsepian_1-1619823914772.png

ElizabethHovsepian_2-1619823954696.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ElizabethHovsepian thanks for providing your XLSForm and report template.

The photos question is inside the tasks repeat, so in the report template this question must be placed inside the repeat's start and end tags (noting that if your repeat is in a table, the start and end tags must be in the first and last cells in the table, respectively).

Please find attached an example report template showing a couple of options:

1. The photos question included in the table with the other repeat questions, so that you'll get each repeat record and its photos in pairs of rows. Note the two closing tags ${/} - one for the repeat, the other for the multiline image question.
  2. A second repeat section that shows the photos question only - this will output all photos submitted across all repeat records. 

For more information, please see the section on repeats in the Report templates documentation.

Hope this helps. Best, Jim

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ElizabethHovsepian thanks for providing your XLSForm and report template.

The photos question is inside the tasks repeat, so in the report template this question must be placed inside the repeat's start and end tags (noting that if your repeat is in a table, the start and end tags must be in the first and last cells in the table, respectively).

Please find attached an example report template showing a couple of options:

1. The photos question included in the table with the other repeat questions, so that you'll get each repeat record and its photos in pairs of rows. Note the two closing tags ${/} - one for the repeat, the other for the multiline image question.
  2. A second repeat section that shows the photos question only - this will output all photos submitted across all repeat records. 

For more information, please see the section on repeats in the Report templates documentation.

Hope this helps. Best, Jim

ElizabethHovsepian
New Contributor III

Thank you, Jim.  I got it to work as needed. Thanks for giving me the example for the 2nd type. 

Elizabeth