Survey123 Report Photo not displaying

02-02-2022 09:21 AM
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

Hello!

I created a survey in Connect off an existing feature service that is hosted in AGOL.  I added an image question allowing the user to upload an image which works great.  However, I am unable to get the image to show in the report.  I can see it in the Data tab of the survey.  I can see it in a web map in AGOL.  But when I generate a report nothing is there.  

Report attached.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm, I've never seen an if statement used like that in a feature report template. If you take out the "if", does it work?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

No, it doesn't.  The if statement was my attempt to see if there was a photo to please show it.  Here is it without it and it still won't display the photo.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hmmm...Can you share your XLS Form as well so we can see how you have the survey set up?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

Sure!  The goal is to print a photo for each question but my first crack at this is just trying to print the Crawl Space photo with no luck.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

oh! First thing I noticed is that you have esriFieldTypeString in the bind::esri:fieldType column
for the image questions. Get rid of that and see if it works?

If not I'll look a bit closer to see what I can find 🙂

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

I did that but now get this error.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there already data submitted into this survey, or is it brand new? If there isn't any existing data, I would just republish the survey which will overwrite existing settings. It's throwing an error because you're trying to change a field type from text data to BLOB (image) data

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

There is already data in it and its existing features.

0 Kudos
ahagopian_coj
Occasional Contributor

I created a "CRAWLSPACE_PHOTO" field but no data is in it. However, I can see the photo in survey123 under the "Data" tab.  I know the report uses keywords so I think its a syntax issue where I am just not calling the photo up correctly.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos