Survey123 Report Photo not available

02-28-2018 05:20 AM
MichelleCassidy1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I have captured a photo in Survey123 (stored as a BLOB in the related attachment table). I have created a template in Survey123 online to display the photo in the generated MS word report using ${SITEPHOTO | size:300:300}. When i generate the report I'm getting a placeholder with "can not find image". Is there anything more I need to do to display the photo?

Michelle

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

How did you create your feature service and enable attachments? Was it created via Connect when creating the survey, or are you using an existing feature service that you have connected the survey to?

Can you confirm you are able to see the image attachment in a webmap in AGOL?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichelleCassidy1
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

I created the point feature class in our Enterprise Geodatabase and enabled attachments on it (which created a related table of attachments and a relationship class). I published the layer as a feature service and created a survey in Survey123 Connect based on the feature service. I added an image question for the photo and published the survey. I can complete and submit a survey and take photos ok and can see them in a web map in AGOL.

Regards,

Michelle

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

What fields (name and type) are you using in the relationship class for feature class and the related table with attachments?

Phil.

0 Kudos
MichelleCassidy1
New Contributor II

Hi Phil,

When I enabled attachments on the survey layer in ArcCatalog it automatically created an attachment table with REL_OBJECTID (data type long int 10) and a relationship class with PK: OBJECTID on the survey layer and FK: REL_OBJECTID on the attachment table.

Regards,

Michelle

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Michelle,

I have been trying to replicate your issue without much luck. I did run into an issue where if "Enable editing" on the hosted feature layer settings page is disabled, you can not print the report template in survey123 website, but once that is enabled it works as expected and the photo is displayed in report.

My steps were, I created a simple point feature class (with just one text attribute field), then enabled attachments (default settings used) published to AGOL (default settings used), created survey in Connect based on existing feature service, added image question (only geometry and text field in survey xlsx automatically created). I then published survey, downloaded in survey123, submitted surveys with photos, created a default print template with all questions (3) and printed successfully with photo being displayed in report (provided "Enable editing" was enabled).

In the case above because "Keep track of who created and last updated features" on feature layer was disabled, the created by/date and edited by/date fields are not present, although this does not stop the print template from working.

Some questions

1. Do you have a GlobalID in the feature layer?

2. Is "Enable Sync" enabled on feature layer?

3. Can you take screenshots or print to PDF the Settings page of "Feature Layer (hosted) Settings"?

4. Can you take screenshots or print to PDF the output of the Service URL display when selected from Overview page?

5. Can you take screenshots or print to PDF the output of the JSON display (top of page small link) when selected from the Service URL display page (no 4 above)?

6. Was there any other settings or steps you did different before publishing the service from ArcMap compared to what I described above?

Hopefully the answer or your outputs to one of the questions above will help solve this issue and help me to replicate it?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
DionO_Reilly
New Contributor III

Hello I am having the same issue.  I have a Layer in SDE with GlobalID's and created an attachment table with the GlobalID as the relate.  I published the layer as a feature service in ArcGIS Server then added that service as an item in AGOL.  I created a Survey123 form from the feature service and it works great.  When I open the form and click on the data tab I can click on a record and see the data that was collected and the attached photos.  When I try to generate a report the data appears but I get the "Can Not Find Image" for the photo.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks