Survey123 Report Feature: how to change the word doc file name when bach export?

Jump to solution
06-04-2019 10:15 AM
JennyHuang3
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to change the title (or name) of the word documents when exporting more than one records via survey123's report (beta) feature.

Example:

Exporting 3 records of Form A gives me a .zip file of 3 word docs with below file names:

- Form A Template_OID1

- Form A Template_OID2

- Form A Template_OID3

Is it possible to export one of Form A's field name instead of "OID#"? (i have tried using ${field_name} in the report title but that doesn't work )

Thank you so much!

-Jenny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Currently, it isn't possible, but this is an enhancement that is being considered for a future release.  Thanks for describing your scenario!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Currently, it isn't possible, but this is an enhancement that is being considered for a future release.  Thanks for describing your scenario!

0 Kudos
JennyHuang3
New Contributor III

good to know. thank you James!

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

James,

If looking for additional feedback, I am interested in the same capability. This would be most helpful when producing a group of reports that could be constructed to help better group data and understand what a person could be looking at without having to look at each file.  For example, if I could have a report title that shows City, Street Name, Address Number, and then OID, it would make it much easier to organize documentation that may be requested for review outside of ArcGIS Online.

Terry

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

I'd like this option too.

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi, 

To reference a filed value in report name when batch printing is supported in the latest release of Survey123 3.9. Please have a try 

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos
JennyHuang3
New Contributor III

Thank you Jody!

Much appreciated to have this implemented! However, I do have a couple comments:

1. I was unable to preview the sample reports with the dynamic field name in the report title. The example below returns a zip file containing 2 records with file names XYZ Form_OID_Sample.pdf. This only worked when I consume the credits and generate the actual word doc reports.

2. Is it possible to set a default report name so that one does not have to remember the field syntax (i.e. ${Survey_Area} in above example).

Thanks again,

Jenny

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

This functionality would be nice with the Python API Survey123 module. As far as I can tell, report file naming is not possible with the Python API.

0 Kudos