Survey123 Report (Beta) Error and Printing Time

09-11-2018 09:42 AM
peterbrad2
New Contributor III

I'm currently having an issue with the Survey123 Report (Beta) generation function. I've tried several times to create a report, but the status just says "Printing", and it says this for quite a while (multiple hours). However, if I log in the next day and view the recent tasks menu it says some of the printing jobs only took 1-2 minutes (how can that be right)?

Other records just straight up failed to create a report siting the following error. Which is strange because my survey doesn't even have a geopoint question.

print map failed for Geopoint Question:{"error":{"code":500,"message":"Error performing execute operation","details":[]}}

I noticed the Report (Beta) menu changed recently. Are there still bugs to work out?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Peter,

The error indicates that a specific component (map generation) is timing out, causing the rest of the job to fail - we are working on improving performance of map generation before releasing out of beta.

peterbrad2
New Contributor III

James,

Am I stuck waiting for a new release to print custom reports without failing? Do you know what the timeline is for the regular release?

Thanks,

Pete

0 Kudos
peterbrad2
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I'm just wondering if there has been any update with this issue? The performance and time delay seems to be getting worse. Nearly every time (about 90%) I try to use the report (beta) function it fails citing the same error as my original post. Additionally I've noticed the website (or maybe just my individual survey) has been extremely slow and laggy. Any updates on the reporting function and performance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Pete

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliams1
Occasional Contributor III

If you open a Map of your Survey123 data, is there an orange dot? I had an issue with my reports when the orange dot appeared on my map. 

https://community.esri.com/inbox 

I found the culprit to the orange dot.

My Survey123 didn't have the geolocation set as a required field, so the points went into the ocean at 0,0.

When I pulled the survey back into Survey123 and resubmitted a new point, it broke the map. So, I deleted the point and tried again, but it didn't change the orange dot. So I fixed the geolocation required field and republished my survey (not over old survey). And I don't have any more problems.

(Indexing Didn't Work)

0 Kudos