Survey123 Related Records Not Displaying in Portal

03-27-2019 12:46 PM
deleted-user-EpRzjYvkmULR
New Contributor III

I have published a survey to my organization's Enterprise Portal (v10.6) for testing that contains several repeats. Data from a submitted form properly passes to the portal, but I am unable to view related records in the Data tab of the item details and the attribute table of the Map View (see screenshots). I am, however, able to view the related records when I log on to to survey123.arcgis.com/?portalUrl={myportal} so I know the data exist within the feature layer.

I checked the Survey123 limitation documentation:

• You cannot publish surveys to ArcGIS Enterprise that use certain reserved keywords as field names, such as end (field names containing these keywords are acceptable, such as endSurvey, as long as they are not exactly the keyword). A full list of these keywords is available in each worksheet type of the Survey123 XLSForm template.
  • All field names must be in lowercase when publishing to ArcGIS Enterprise.
  • A feature service published to a portal has a limit of 500 columns, including system fields, meaning that your survey can have no more than 496 questions. The workaround for this is to include a repeat, and set repeat_count to 1 to extend the survey over multiple tables. This limitation is imposed by the enterprise geodatabase, not the portal. For more information, see Enterprise geodatabase size and name limits.
  • The name of a question in the survey worksheet must be fewer than 32 characters in length. Additionally, when using Portal for ArcGIS 10.4.1 or earlier, the maximum name length for questions inside of a repeat and for a form ID is 19 characters.
  • When ArcGIS Enterprise is deployed in a disconnected environment, survey templates, samples, and submission URLs to ArcGIS Online feature services do not work.

My survey operates within these limitations and I am still having issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kade,

I'm not sure why this might be the case - this is an issue with ArcGIS Enterprise‌ data viewer, correct?

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hi James -

As always, thanks for all the work you do on Survey123, it's greatly appreciated.

Yes, this does appear to be an issue with the Enterprise data viewer, but only for records with related tables from Survey123 both in a map viewer and the data tab of the item details page. As of this morning, it still seems to be an issue.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hi James. Any movement on this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kade,

I did not find a specific BUG documenting this issue; that being said, while I do see the same behavior in Portal 10.6, I do not see it in 10.7, so it looks like this issue may have been addressed.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Bummer. I'll add that to the list of reasons we need to move to 10.7. Thanks for the update, James.

0 Kudos