Survey123 - recovering data from iPad not working

Jump to solution
09-22-2020 02:28 PM
MichaelRock1
New Contributor III

I am testing the recovery procedure of copying the sqlite database (and associated files) from a mobile device, pasting to my computer, and using Survey123 to submit forms. I can get the process to work with Android.  When using data from the iPad Pro, iPadOS 13 however there are no surveys shown to be submitted. I did change the database path, but that had no effect. Here are my steps:

1. Fill out some forms and leave in outbox on the iPad

2. Copy the ArcGIS folder from the iPad to computer

3. Replace My Surveys folder with new one from iPad

4. Copy files in My Survey Attachments from iPad to computer

5. Open Survey123 (version 3.10), Go to Settings->Storage->Fix Database

When that does not work, I followed the Esri suggestion to fix the paths in the database.  I did so, and tested the paths separately and they worked.  But the forms for submission still do not appear.

Has anyone been able to do this with data from an iPad?

Thanks for your help,

Mike R 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

I tried the recovery procedure and think I can reproduce what you are seeing.  That being said, it looks like it's a matter of the box indicators being refreshed - restarting the app shows the box status correctly for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

I tried the recovery procedure and think I can reproduce what you are seeing.  That being said, it looks like it's a matter of the box indicators being refreshed - restarting the app shows the box status correctly for me.

0 Kudos
MichaelRock1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response, James.  I tried that and still no luck.  Even after restarting the comptuer. Perhaps it is something to do with how I changed the path in the sqlite database?  I changed the path to:

C:\Users\mrock\ArcGIS\My Surveys\15220f4f0d9f4f9c83fc32af5876eb72\esriinfo\2020 Terra PlotChar.xml

Replacing the /var/mobile.... that was there. with C:\Users\mrock\ArcGIS\My Surveys\. Note that I am using \, changed from /, but neither seems to work.  If I paste that path into Windows Explorer it does resolve correctly.

Is there a way to tell in DB Browser if it recognizes that there are surveys in draft or the outbox?

0 Kudos
MichaelRock1
New Contributor III

Thanks James, it turns out that simply exiting and restarting does the trick. I think I tried so many ways in weird orders that I never did the simple steps all in the right order!

0 Kudos