Survey123 Re-Send Survey Bug

133
4
Jump to solution
07-17-2020 12:33 PM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

I have discovered what I believe to be a bug in Survey123 that I am able to replicate in multiple forms in two different ArcGIS Enterprise (10.6.1) environments.

In my survey, I have a hidden field with a "bind::esri:fieldType" of "esriFieldTypeInteger." Just for reference, we populate that hidden field from a URL in a web map.

When we submit a survey with that field being null, it will be written to the data store table as being null (and I can verify that by looking in the hosted feature service and seeing it being null). However, if we edit and re-submit that existing survey through Survey123, it will change the value in the hidden field from null to 0 (again, by verifying that value in the hosted feature service).

Luckily, if a value is already populated in the hidden field and then you re-submit a survey, it will not change the field value to 0. It will maintain the value. It only changes the value to 0 if the original value is null.

Is this behavior to be expected? I don't see why the field value would get changed from null to 0.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

I did some additional work - it appears that this is being caused by a discrepancy between the bind::Esri:fieldType and the bind::type field.  Updating the bind::type field to int (to match the integer field type) addresses this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

I can replicate the behavior you are describing.  Can you file an issue with Esri Support so we can better track who this is impacting?

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for your response. Yes, I will submit a ticket through Esri Support tomorrow. I'll reply back with the support number and/or bug number once I have it. Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

I did some additional work - it appears that this is being caused by a discrepancy between the bind::Esri:fieldType and the bind::type field.  Updating the bind::type field to int (to match the integer field type) addresses this issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you for the additional information. I set the bind::type field to int and it looks like that fixes the issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos