Survey123: Pulldata() Using Another Existing Feature Service

06-14-2018 11:59 AM
LeaHarper3
New Contributor III

Hey! We are working on creating a facilities damage assessment/inspection application using an existing feature service in Survey123.

What we would like to do is somehow use the pulldata() function to pull data from another, different feature service to provide the options to select from (this would help to eliminate inconsistent building naming, address entry, etc). Is this possible to do, or is the only current option for pulldata() to work coming from a CSV file?

20 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

has this feature been enabled? thank you

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dan,

Using pulldata to run a custom JavaScript function is still in beta at this time.

HerveKokoue
New Contributor II

Dear James, we will be grateful for more guidance on your suggestion and if possible a small sample we can use as a reference. I work in Humanitarian field and we have issue of finding the right tool for monitoring of our activities. I did try to use the inbox capability of Survey123 in the past but had to abandonne this option because of the poor performance of the search option over 300 items in your inbox.  So while we are waiting for this possibility of pulling data from existing feature. Your guidance on your suggestion to people like me with very basic programming skill will be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
ArcGISOnline3
New Contributor

Looking forward to this feature. Any idea on how long it will be in beta? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wondering what the progress on this is? Also will the JavaScript function work offline? Our inspectors use iPads outside of cellphone connection for electronic surveys, so it would have to work offline for use.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DerekKonofalski
Occasional Contributor

It works currently but there are some major issues with it.  For one, you can't use pulldata with conditionals and editing an existing entry (either through the mode=edit parameter in the URL or through AGOL) replaces existing data in the field with the pulldata calculation result.

0 Kudos
MelissaJ_TX
New Contributor II

I also have several projects that could benefit from this functionality.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This now can be done by using custom JavaScript functions.  Refer to Extending Survey123 smart forms with custom JS functions and the 'JavaScript' sample in Survey123 Connect.

AndrewTuleya3
New Contributor

Hello, I am trying to accomplish the following using AGOL. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. 

We have a public form for residents to schedule inspections conducted by our municipality. We want public users to be able to self schedule. 

Workflow:    

Person A: Opens public form, selects Monday August 28th at 8:00 AM, Submits form

Person B: Opens public form, (Cannot Select same day as person A), Selects available date, Submits form.

0 Kudos
MartinDe_Las_Heras
New Contributor III

Wondering if this was ever implemented?

0 Kudos