Survey123 PullData function working in Browser, but in not Mobile App

07-11-2018 03:49 AM
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I have a survey123 form published that's using the pulldata function to select data from a .csv file and calculate the value/fill-in a few fields based on the results of a select one field. The survey works as expected when accessing the survey from a browser, but the pulldata function does not work on a mobile device (I have tested on Windows 10 and iOS).

Has anyone seen this before, I'm surprised this would work in a browser, but not in the survey123 mobile application.

13 Replies
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

Here you go:

behiller@burnsmd.com<mailto:behiller@burnsmd.com>

Brian

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kim,

I just sent you a private message with my details.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brian,

I had a look at your survey today and the external csv file being used for pulldata(). The reason pulldata() is not working is because it contains commas (,) in the data in the csv. This will break the pulldata() function as we do not currently support commas in the csv for use with pulldata(). We have an open bug for this issue and plan to fix it in a future release, however no set timeframe yet. In the meantime you need to remove the commas from your csv file for pulldata() to work correctly.

If you open the csv in a text editor you will see what the commas do to the file, extra double quotations are added to the file where commas exist, which are also not detected by the pulldata() function correctly.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Phil,

I'm running into this problem as well. I have gone through all of my records in the CSV and taken out any that contain commas. I have also taken out any special characters and it still won't auto-fill.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos