Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 public web form used in Survey123 iOS app doesn't allow photo attachments

04-15-2018 08:43 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Hi there,

I have created a survey123 web form in AGOL a few days ago and have gone through the survey and set it up to be public. After this, I sent the url to my iPhone 5S with Survey123 V2.7.98 field app installed. I selected to open within the app and the survey was downloaded and ready to be used. The survey is quite simple with 2 notes, about 10 text fields, 2 date, 2 times, geopoint, image and about 3 select_one list. With the survey on my phone, I have done 2 types of tests with logged in and without (eg anon user). Both tests work when no photo is taken or selected from library with data submitted and being available in AGOL.

The problem I'm having is when I'm testing the survey as an anon user due to L2 named user restriction. If I fill out the survey with a photo attachment (captured or selected from library), the data isn't sent to AGOL but the app said the data was sent and is in the Sent folder.

Has anybody experienced this problem or is there a setting I need to change for anon users relating to attachments, etc?

Thank you for any time with this.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AnthonyRyanEQL
Regular Contributor

Shannon,

Johnathan is talking about Survey123 Connect application (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/download/). Can be installed on Windows/Mac/Linux. It gives you far more functionality in creating surveys than the survey123 web site

0 Kudos
DavidQuillin
New Contributor

Hi John,

Your suggested solution work well and I was even able to to use various setting as "Add, update and delete features" and "Editors can only see their own features".  However, the option under 'What features can editors edit' had to be set to "Editors can see all features" in order for a survey with attachment to be successfully submitted. 

The question I have is, is this working as designed? Meaning, is the option of "Editors can see all features" a requirement for the survey's with attachments to be posted to the service?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi David

No - this is not working as designed, we have a bug open to allow What features can editors see? Editors can't see any features to be applied to on views. However, please see https://community.esri.com/thread/212975-survey123-public-web-form-used-in-survey123-ios-app-doesnt-... from above. If you don't use views, then you can use this permission setting.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Anthony/David,

Just letting you know a recent hotfix has been applied to AGO which should resolve the issue of not being able to send attachments to feature layers where "Editors can only edit their own features (requires tracking)" has been applied.

If you still require this setting, can you please try and apply it again to your feature layer and re-test sending attachments from the app.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos