Survey123 public web form used in Survey123 iOS app doesn't allow photo attachments

04-15-2018 08:43 PM
AnthonyRyanEQL
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

I have created a survey123 web form in AGOL a few days ago and have gone through the survey and set it up to be public. After this, I sent the url to my iPhone 5S with Survey123 V2.7.98 field app installed. I selected to open within the app and the survey was downloaded and ready to be used. The survey is quite simple with 2 notes, about 10 text fields, 2 date, 2 times, geopoint, image and about 3 select_one list. With the survey on my phone, I have done 2 types of tests with logged in and without (eg anon user). Both tests work when no photo is taken or selected from library with data submitted and being available in AGOL.

The problem I'm having is when I'm testing the survey as an anon user due to L2 named user restriction. If I fill out the survey with a photo attachment (captured or selected from library), the data isn't sent to AGOL but the app said the data was sent and is in the Sent folder.

Has anybody experienced this problem or is there a setting I need to change for anon users relating to attachments, etc?

Thank you for any time with this.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony

Please try this workflow again now AGOL has had an update (make sure that you are using version 2.7 of the Survey123 field app). This issue should now be resolved.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL

Johnathan,

I tried again this morning and still no luck with photo attachment. I'm using the latest version of Survey123 field app (V2.7.98) and also cleared the cache in IE just in case.

Regards

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony

Can you share the url of your survey and I will take a look.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
AnthonyRyanEQL
0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ryan

A bug exists when submitting features (with attachments) to feature service views configured with the permissions you are using:

What kind of editing is allowed? Only add
What features can editors see? Editors can't see any features
What access do anonymous editors have? Same as signed in editors

This does not affect feature services. So you have a couple of options:

1) Publish your survey from connect and apply the permissions directly to the feature service (don't create a view).

2) Continue to use the view, but don't apply the Editors can't see any features permission to it.

Both options should let your users submit to your survey/service.

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

John

AnthonyRyanEQL

Johnathan,

Thanks for the infomation. The views were created as part of the survey when I used Survey123 web site (https://survey123.arcgis.com/). I was trying to understand the reason for them to exist. Not sure what the result will be if these are deleted.

Question - If I create the survey using Connect, publish to AGOL and modify the setting accordingly. What would the url link be to open the survey up with Survey123 field app similar to https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/e66b9c617de546058dec1c8631d561f5?open=menu?

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Anthony

Views are created by the website as a means of providing separate permissions to your data - i.e. we can have different permissions for the fieldworker and stakeholder views, and for the feature service itself. Connect does not create views when publishing - so we are not deleting the views, we are just not creating them in the first place.

Yes - once you publish the survey from connect, you can access it in the website and generate a url link for sharing.

The above will get you up and running.

Cheers

John

AnthonyRyanEQL

Johnathan,

I published the survey using connect and all is working now. I don't realised surveys published to AGOL from connect could be seen from 'My Surveys' within https://survey123.arcgis.com/

Thanks again

Shannonwilder
New Contributor II

what do you mean "publish the survey from connect"?

0 Kudos