Survey123 Public Form Access with App

02-06-2019 02:14 PM
DudleyHartel
New Contributor II

I am trying to access a public form and its associated public hosted feature layer in the Survey123 App without an AGOL sign in.

I'm calling the form using the custom URL:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=b65be973015243768ab0c0216a96bd39&field:ArboristCooperator=Dudley R. Hartel&field:ITFD_ProcessStatus=NewDataPublicAccessHFL

to pass values to 2 attributes ArboristCooperator and ITFD_ProcessStatus.  This part works.

Without my desktop App signed in, it opens, the form loads, I can enter the data; but, even when the form and HFL are both shared as "public" I get this error.

Is this (accessing a form thru App without sign in) just NOT supported?

Our objective is to provide easy access to non AGOL users (i.e. public form) with limited (or controlled) distribution of the App custom URL to qualified participants and have a value (in this case ITFD_ProcessStatus) set a "security key" that can be used in AGOL post-processing  for QC.

Someone that might "find" the form and open it in a browser would be entering data without the passed values for our security RC post-processing (and we could deal with it).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Dudley,

When a survey form and FS is shared publicly it should be possible to submit from the app without being signed in. Are you trying to submit attachments as well, or just a simple survey? Have you tested the web app also, can you submit successfully in web app when not signed in using the same survey?

Are there any views created when you shared the survey via the survey123 website, if so ensure they are also public, as well as the FS and survey form. Did you change any of the other permission on any of the items via AGO settings?

Phil.

0 Kudos
DudleyHartel
New Contributor II

the following are public:

• the form - id=b65be973015243768ab0c0216a96bd39
  • (I either missed this, or it reverted to a single group!) the published hosted feature layer (HFL) it is connected to - id=40aeba174bad4fa7b9de59e587d6d0b4
  • data is sent successfully from Windows desktop (field) App - when signed in
  • data is sent successfully from Windows desktop (field) App - when NOT signed in
  • data is sent successfully from Windows desktop (field) App using the custom URL syntax - when NOT signed in to the App AND called from Chrome browser
  • data is sent successfully from Windows desktop (field) App using the custom URL syntax - when NOT signed in to the App AND called from Windows Shortcut

HFL share status was the problem. Thanks  - I'm not certain how that got missed!

I was also able to set this up as a desktop shortcut (on Windows), but you apparently can't have spaces in the attribute value being passed (it truncates everything after that first space)

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=b65be973015243768ab0c0216a96bd39&field:ArboristCooperator=Dudley R. Hartel&field:ITFD_ProcessStatus=CustomURL

I eliminated the spaces in the value being passed -  DudleyHartel

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=b65be973015243768ab0c0216a96bd39&field:ArboristCooperator=DudleyHartel&field:ITFD_ProcessStatus=CustomURL

and it works

0 Kudos