Survey123 - Problem when sending completed survey with iPhone

09-12-2018 11:57 PM
JürgenBiendara1
New Contributor III

Hello,

We have set up a Survey123 survey for a customer which we, in a second step, switched to work against a geodatabase based feature service. With the Survey123 desktop application we can capture data and send it to the feature service (and to the geodatabase respectively) without any problems.

Now, the customer wants to use his iPhone to capture and send data, but that does not work (it worked when the feature service was originally hosted in the data store). Downloading to and updating the survey on the iPhone are working fine, but:

When signing in to the portal site with the iPhone the process/communication seems to be hanging. It takes very long till the signing in is finished. The effect is the same for administrator and level 2 users.

Sending data to the portal is not possible at all. No error code is stated in the error message.

The customer has de-installed and re-installed Survey123 on the iPhone to have the latest version. Portal is version 10.5.1. The problem is the same for the Portal admin user and for the level 2 users.

I’ve attached a log file from the iPhone but since I don’t know where to look and what to look for I am a bit lost. Does anyone have an idea or a hint what may be the problem?

Thanks, best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jürgen,

In looking through the log files, the key thing to focus on are the statements that do not begin with <15> - those will be the errors or warnings.  In particular, you would need to examine those that relate to interactions with teh feature service (these occur near the bottom of the file).  The first one responds with:

<10>1 2018-09-09T11:07:13Z iPhone-HFLT-2c24 Survey123forArcGIS 861 - [AppStudio@11205 category="qml" function="onErrorTextChanged" filename="PortalRequest.qml" line="75"] qml: portalRequest: FEATURE_SERIVCE_URL error Host SERVER not found

Can you verify that the iPhone can connect to the service by opening the URL in Safari?

0 Kudos
JürgenBiendara1
New Contributor III

Updates of iOS and VPN software solved the problem. 

0 Kudos