Survey123 Print Beta - Naming Files / If,Then Statements

09-05-2017 06:38 AM
ChristopherBowles
New Contributor III

Is it currently possible to name the file exported by the print (beta) functionality using results from the survey?  

Also, is it possible to use if/then logic in the print functionality.  For example, if "Yes" was selected for a question, then include the following text and pictures.

8 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Christoper

What you describe is currently not supported. However if you could provide a little more information in terms of what you are looking to do (i.e. the background use case), I will see if we can get this together as an enhancement request.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
ChristopherBowles
New Contributor III

Thanks John - see below for use cases:

Naming File Exports:  Essentially, we would be looking to name the .docx export using survey responses.  For example, if the survey collected a unique ID (e.g., {unique_id}) and last name (e.g., {last_name}) - we could set the export to be "${unique_id}+'_'+${last_name}.docx".  This would also be helpful when you implement batch printing (which I believe/hope is in the works).

If/Then Logic: This would be used when you have "relevant" questions in your survey.  For example, if I created a survey that provided an option to collect 3 additional photographs.  The first question would be "Do you want to collect additional photographs" and it would be a 'select_one yes_no' choice.  If 'yes' is selected then 3 photograph image questions are provided on a separate page.  In the report, I would only want the label "Additional Photographs:" and the page break to show if 'yes' was selected.  I would imagine something along the lines of if(${add_photos}='yes',"[page break]Additional Photographs:", no page break) - hopefully that conveys the point.  Currently, if I want the additional photographs to show up on a separate page, I have to set the page break in the template.  I can turn the "Additional Photographs" text on/off depending on survey responses, but if no additional photographs are included then the report then each print report has an additional page that needs to be deleted.  Our current work includes hundreds of responses per day each with their own report so you can imagine the amount of time deleting each page would take.  My work around currently is that I've created two templates (one with additional photographs and one without).  However, if batch printing is provided in the future, this work around would fail. 

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Christoper

I will get this information worked up into an enhancement request for internal review.

Cheers

John

0 Kudos
Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

Hi John,

Did this enhancement take place?  We are looking to save batch reports as .pdfs and to name them according to data fields from the survey such as date, project location, contract company name (these are fields in the survey).

Thanks so much,

Amy Peters

0 Kudos
RyanMalhoski1
New Contributor II

I have a similar question. In my survey, I have an If/Then question. The question is "Is a building permit required". If the answer is YES, then I would like the report to show specific text about acquiring a building permit. If the answer is NO, I would like the report to show text telling customers a permit is not required. How can I accomplish this?

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Eric - this issue is still in our enhancement in our backlog. We will look to address this in a future release.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
RyanMalhoski1
New Contributor II

Thank you Jonathan,

For now I have found a workaround. I created two reports, one for “Permit Needed” and one for “Permit Not Needed”. That will do for now. Keep up the excellent work!

Eric Friedlander

GIS Analyst

City Of South Lake Tahoe

1052 Tata Lane

South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150

(530) 542-6194

erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Has it been decided if this is an enhancement that is slated to be incorporated into an upcoming release/update?

Erica
0 Kudos