Survey123 PlayStore availability?

05-03-2021 04:57 AM
SwathiIyengar
New Contributor II

Good afternoon, 

Several of my colleagues in Iran are trying to download Survey123 for an assessment; however, when trying to download the app from Google PlayStore, it says "This item isn't available in your country." (screenshot attached)

I've never seen this happen before - and the issue affects some, but not all of our users in Iran. Could you please advise on the cause and potential solution to the problem. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SwathiIyengar ,

Due to U.S. export regulations, there are some localities that Survey123 cannot be made available for via app stores.  I would suggest working with your Esri account manager or Esri Customer Service to identify an alternate method of distribution.  The most common case that I am aware of for this scenario is an authorized exception to the regulations (for instance, an NGO whose workers are located in the locality).

0 Kudos
SwathiIyengar
New Contributor II

Thanks @JamesTedrick ! Our focal point is requesting an authorized exception. How long would this normally take to go into effect? Our colleagues in Iran had plans to conduct a training using Survey123 next week.

0 Kudos