Survey123 not working with UNM featureservice

11-26-2019 03:44 PM
MaartenTromp
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I am not able to use Survey123 to collect related records (inspections) when the Utility Network Layers is part of the FeatureService.

When I configure the Survey against a FeatureService without the Utility Network Layer the Survey works OK.

The new Collector for ArcGIS on iOS and the SmartEdit widget in WAB work also.

In attached screenshot you can see the Survey "hangs" on the "Water Utility Network" layer.

The other screenshot shows the form_id and submission_url. The submission_url references a featureservice referencing the UNM layer.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Regards, Maarten Tromp

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Maarten,

Can you verify that with Utility Network Layer in the service the supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs property of the feature service (/FeatureServer URL) is true?  As described in https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/07/17/how-to-turn-supportsapplyeditswithgloabl... , this must be true; one of the common issues when using a Utility Network is that the data used by the network is versioned, which makes this false for the feature service.

0 Kudos
MaartenTromp
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks for the response! The layers in the UNM service all have supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs set to true. The Utility Network layer is like a grouplayer with sublayers for the point, Line and Polygon Errors and Dirty area's. These sublayers have supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs = true. The Utility Network Layers does not have that property. An esri sample service is available online to check the properties:

https://sampleserver7.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/UtilityNetwork/NapervilleElectric/Featur... 

Regards, Maarten

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Maarten,

I see in the sample that supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIDs is true at the feature service level; this may not always be the case for a particular service.  Could you capture a log file of the submission attempt?  See the directions at Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation ; you can turn on logging (to a file) without selecting a console first.

0 Kudos
MaartenTromp
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

In the Survey123 logfile I see 1 reference to the Utility Network Service (leyer 11) and then a "TypeError":

<15>1 2019-12-02T15:46:22Z C21993 Survey123forArcGIS 42544 - [AppStudio@11205 category="XFormFeatureService" function="getNext" filename="XFormFeatureService.qml" line="1024"] XFormFeatureService: Requesting layerInfo: https://<SERVERNAME>server/rest/services/<FOLDERNAME>/<SERVICEAME>/FeatureServer/11
<12>1 2019-12-02T15:46:22Z C21993 Survey123forArcGIS 42544 - [AppStudio@11205 category="default" filename="XFormFeatureService.qml" line="1045"] qrc:/qml/XForms/XFormFeatureService.qml:1045: TypeError: Value is null and could not be converted to an object

Attached you can found the logfile

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Maarten,

I believe I can see what is going on - the Utility Layer entry is a special type of layer; the specific error is that Survey123 is attempting to look for (non-existent) fields.  If you could continue to file a BUG for this, that would be helpful to understand the customers affected by this issue; in the meantime, I'll note it internally.

0 Kudos
MaartenTromp
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

I have started a Support Call with esri Netherlands.

TXS for your quick responses!

Regards, Maarten

0 Kudos