Survey123 not publishing survey when a new question is added.

01-21-2019 03:12 AM
deleted-user-_78mlgGtbbzB
New Contributor II

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me with this?

When I add a new question to an existing survey and try to publish it I get this message

I then click on the Add the following fields when publishing button then click on Publish Survey.  I then see this window below and the circle just spins and spins and nothing happens.

There is a work around but it involves recreating the entire survey again with the new questions and I don't want to keep doing that if I have to add or amend a question.

Would really appreciate any assistance with this from anyone who has managed to come up with a solution.

I am currently using version 2.8.4 of Connect for ArcGIS.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Paul,

I had the same issue, I deleted the source folder for the form then re-downloaded the form and it solved. You can create your questions afterward.

Hope this works!

Cheers!

0 Kudos
deleted-user-_78mlgGtbbzB
New Contributor II

Hi Sayed,

I tried your suggestion but it did not work for me.  What I have done is this, I have a type called select_one SpeciesCode and have changed it to select_one SpeciesCode or other.  The change is saved in the XLS form and in Connect it appears and works as expected.  When I try to publish the survey that's when I get the issue I posted earlier.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Paul,

Is the field being added in a repeat section?  If so, there's a known issue that Connect cannot add a field if only a repeat field is being added.  You can add a dummy field to the parent layer to get around this.

Juan_FelipeVillegas
New Contributor III

Hi James

This used to work as you mentioned, but now it´s not possible to add a new field inside a repeat , even if a dummy field is added outside from the repeat. I have seen the problem since the last week.

Im using Survey 123 connect version 3.5.157

Regards

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Juan,

I'm not seeing this problem when trying to add a field to a repeat; the workaround of adding a question to the parent form still works for me.  Could you provide the XLS file (ideally, the original and which fields to add)?  Please feel free to e-mail me directly at jtedrick AT esri.com.

0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @JamesTedrick ,

I tried what you suggested -  adding a dummy question in the parent form to add more questions  in the nested repeat tables. Interestingly, the dummy question has been added successfully, but no luck with the rest. The publish processing was hanging for hours and I had to end it. Is it an expected behavior with 3.10?

I used 3.10 version Connect.

0 Kudos
BradenBurkholder1
New Contributor III

Have you tried manually adding the field to the feature service prior to publishing?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/add-or-delete-fields.htm

That's worked for me in the past.

0 Kudos