Survey123 multiple choices/multiple answers

10-03-2019 01:44 PM
IvanKozoletov1
New Contributor III

I'm working on the Playground Inspections project for the City and we have 30 playgrounds to maintain and regularly inspect. I was planning to build the database schema as FGDB. The schema will be represented as a polygon FC (Playgrounds) and several related tables (Inspections, Vandalism, Accidents and Suppliers) all hosted on ArcGIS Online as we do not have Enterprise licence.

We decided to adopt CSA standards and I'm basing my Inspections table schema on a sample report from the Canadian Playground Safety Institute course manual. There are 33 aspects that needs to be considered in this report, each as a separate question or field name. One of questions is a Equipment Inventory list (see attachment). I'm trying to find a best and most efficient way of adding this list to my database schema and to Survey123 report to fill during field inspections.

select_multiple type of question will fit the bill but only partially as it does not have an option to track a number for each multiple answer. How should I go about this? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Ivan,

Have you considered using the table-list appearance on a group, which is the same as the "Single Choice Grid" question type in Web Designer. This will not allow the entry of the number but may help in the layout.

Otherwise have you considered using theme-grid appearance on a group which will allow you to put many questions in a table format side by side, so you could recreate the layout you provided in the image using integer questions which allows them to enter the numbers.

More information in the documentation here: Appearance—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Regards,

Phil.

IvanKozoletov1
New Contributor III

Thanks Phil, I'll give theme-grid appearance a try with a integer field for each question.